Switch Account

What is the average wait time for a phone call to 1800-VERIZON?

What is the average wait time for a phone call to 1800-VERIZON?

Contributor jaybourne
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(19,789 Views)

i've had to wait over 30 mins on each phone call for billing or tech support questions.   I've called at least 5 times.  Does anyone else have this problem?

8 REPLIES 8
Contributor lisab3
Contributor
Message 2 of 9
(19,787 Views)

i have been on hold for 1 hr 52 minutes.  last night two hours and never spoke to anyone.Just ridiculous!!!  I have also tried on-line to check the status of my repair but that does not appear to be working either.

Contributor allenoc
Contributor
Message 3 of 9
(19,785 Views)

I was on hold for 2 hours yesterday and my husband was on hold for 1.5 hours.  Never talked to anyone.  I have been on hold today for 2 hours so far and still no one.

Contributor jaybourne
Contributor
Message 4 of 9
(19,766 Views)

Also wanted to note: I've had to wait 30+ mins PRE HURRICANE Sandy.   

Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Message 5 of 9
(19,755 Views)

Hi All-

I'm sorry you're experiencing such long wait times. As you can imagine right now we're experiencing really high call volumes as people are dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. That said, our engineers are working as quickly as possible to accommodate the additional calls, so bear with us!

Thanks for your patience!

-Heather

Copper Contributor rrdaniel2
Copper Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(19,725 Views)

For five days now (since my power returned), I have been calling 5-8 times per day, for between 25 minutes and 1 hour and 10 minutes each time.  In five days, spending a total of about 15 hours on hold, I have never, not once, gotten an answer.

I have also tried to enter a repair request online, but I can never get to a page that allows me to initiate a service ticket. I go through multiple different toubleshooter routines before being told to call the service number.  Or I get an error message that the page won't load.  Or I get a dead-end page telling me that there is a service outage in my area and there's nothing to be done until the outage is resolved.  (My neighbor has FIOS and it works fine next door.)

I have already done the trouble-shooting and know what the problem is.  But Verizon is not answering the phones.

We know that the damage from Sandy was extensive.  And we know that there is a high call volume.  But it is astounding that in almost a week of persistent calling, at all hours of of the day or night, from very early in the morning to midnight, staying on hold for 30 to 70 minutes on most of those occasions, it has been impossible get an answer.  And the support website is no better.

Average customer wait time:  infinite?

Average response time:  never.

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 7 of 9
(19,688 Views)

PRE-Sandy,

For me, it's very unusual to wait as  LITTLE as half an hour.  An hour or more has been the norm for me for the last few years.  Sometimes I put on headphones so I can do dishes, laundry, etc. while I'm waiting.

However, I almost always find that when I get someone, they're terrific. 

Contributor LiverpoolMike
Contributor
Message 8 of 9
(19,364 Views)

We average 30-45 minutes per call. And if you ask for a supervisor, you are on hold for another 30-45 minutes. Terrible customer service from Verizon!!!!

Contributor ejb
Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(19,304 Views)

Me too. Since installation 4 weeks ago, I've never waited less than 25 minutes. Awful. Between this and repeated DVR problems, I'm about ready to give up and go back to Comcast for TV.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.