credit for Sandy outage

credit for Sandy outage

SOLVED
Highlighted
Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 11 of 13
(7,802 Views)

I did receive my credit on the next bill.  Amazing!

But don't forget: this was for a FiOS outage, not an outage during Hurricane Sandy.  It was two days after the storm, so it's possible that it was related. 

I read that Con Edison will be giving each customer about $3.00 worth of credit for loss of power during the storm.  In their wisdom, they're giving the same credit to everyone, whether they lost power for only a few hours or for a week or longer.  I don't know if this is true; I haven't seen my bill yet.  I guess it's supposed to cover pain and suffering, as well as loss of freezer and refrigerator food

Of course, the difference is that if you lose electricity, your meter isn't running and you aren't paying for it.  With FiOS, you pay the same whether you use it or not. 

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 12 of 13
(7,786 Views)

Follow-up: My Con Ed bill shows an "Adjustment" of -$3.16.  I would go out and spend it on a stick of bubblegum if there weren't a blizzard at the moment.

Contributor kdavitt
Contributor
Message 13 of 13
(7,686 Views)

I called today (January 10, 2013) to check on the status of the credit VERIZON had promised to issue.

I spoke to a very nice rep who said, "OK I can issue you the credit. "

That was terrific and she did. BUT, what concerns me is that, when I had called last month, the rep then told me "It will appear on your bill."

So - the lesson here, I believe, is that you cannot assume VERIZON will issue you credit automatically.

You have to call and make a "claim."

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.