1.9 Version Update?
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any release date for the 1.9 version update?

0 Likes
Re: 1.9 Version Update?
Justin46
Legend

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

Is there any release date for the 1.9 version update?

No. But my guess, and that is all it is, is 2 to 3 months. And I most certainly expect the rollout to be slow, one VHO at a time, maybe even portions of VHOs at a time.

Keller, TX 76248

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I hope that's not the case. I seen some where on another forum that they seem to be in the final testing stages. Hopefully that's the case. I wanted to have it for Christmas, but maybe at the lastest New Years.  You know so I could have time to mess with it and have some days off to get used to the new features and all.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

I hope that's not the case. I seen some where on another forum that they seem to be in the final testing stages. Hopefully that's the case. I wanted to have it for Christmas, but maybe at the lastest New Years.  You know so I could have time to mess with it and have some days off to get used to the new features and all.

They are not in the final testing stages. They are right now having some number of users in NJ and eastern PA try out 1.9. The issues that they are reporting will hopefully be fixed before the final version of 1.9 is made generally available for all of us, because some of the issues appear to be pretty significant, at least to me - I would not want 1.9 as it appears to be right now.

Just curious: why do you want 1.9 so badly? And what kind of STBs do you have? If QIP6xxx (which is what I have) then be prepared to be disappointed, some of the new function will not work on the 6xxx boxes.

And I am going to amend my prediction, I would now say 1st quarter of 2011 (meaning any time up to March 31), unless Verizon decides to deliver it with lots of known bugs (which I hope they don't). And FWIW I don't think Verizon has ever distributed an updated IMG to the entire FiOS footprint at once, they always seem to do it VHO by VHO (I have been first, and I have been last), so when you might get 1.9 will also probably depend on which VHO you are in - in sometimes takes them several months to deliver a new level across the entire footprint.

Just my $.02 worth. And hopefully I am wrong...... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

prisaz
Legend

Ditto on what Justin said.

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

I've seen some of the screen shots of the 1.9 before. The guide itself looks really good.  So I can only imagine some of the features that It'll have with it. I have the QIP 7232. That's why I so excited about the 1.9 upgrade. I think the HD guide is over due. Don't you? I heard somewhere in the 4th quarter that's why I was hoping for it by now. Maybe by New Years? Anyway, Hopefully sooner than later.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@BigggFuzzyG wrote:

I've seen some of the screen shots of the 1.9 before. The guide itself looks really good.  So I can only imagine some of the features that It'll have with it. I have the QIP 7232. That's why I so excited about the 1.9 upgrade. I think the HD guide is over due. Don't you? I heard somewhere in the 4th quarter that's why I was hoping for it by now. Maybe by New Years? Anyway, Hopefully sooner than later.

Don't hold your breath. I would look for it sometime first part of next year. I would rather it be good, then be released. Many times people push for something, and then don't like what they get. Like when a hamburger has not been on the grill long enough. I am sure when it comes, somethings people will like, somethings people will not like. That is the nature of change. Overall I expect it to be better.

Happy Holidays

BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Anymore news? It's almost March. I wish something would happen. Haven't heard anything about new HD channels either in awhile.

0 Likes
Shoffy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did everyone go into hiding after Christmas. I don't see and post except from Fuzzy asking for an update cuz it is April now. I want the 1.9 for the sata hookup so I can get more HD recording time. I've got a 2 TB drive just sitting here waiting for the sata to be activated which is supposed to come with 1.9.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Nah, No ones going into hiding, Just my post doesn't seem that important. Yours is the first reply I've seen in awhile here. 1 problem though Shoffy, I don't think your 2TB drive is going to work with the eSATA update. As far as I know It's only supposed to be compatible with up to a 1TB drive. Here's a link to help you get to the other post and more 1.9 convo:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/So-who-has-firmware-1-9-permanently/td-p/2...

Hope this helps

0 Likes