250 Gift Card never received......
Rock2014

Over the last several months I have tried many different avenues to get my complaint heard and resolved. I came across some related posts so I thought I would give this forum a try. Below is my complaint letter(yes I even tried snail mail) and timeline of my event (with personal info edited out). Hopefully someone from Verizon will see it……

Verizon
Attn: Complaint Department
P.O. Box 4846
Trenton, NJ 08625

I am a longtime Verizon FIOs and Verizon Wireless customer. The situation I recently went through is just one of several frustrating customer service experiences I have had with Verizon. In fact I don’t think I have ever had a pleasant experience.

The summary of my experience and related information is at the bottom of this letter. My complaint……..I understand my issue was complex and I can accept that it would take some time and additional phone calls to resolve. What I can’t accept is the fact that I did NOT ONCE receive a call back or return email despite the several assurances I was given that I would get one. This happened 5 TIMES! Right now I find myself banging hard on the key board because just writing and thinking about it gets me so angry……... and I’m an easy going guy! I was told by Misses Newton that this is my last and only option to complain or rectify this but I have 0, absolute ZERO confidence that this letter will have any impact to changing the way Verizon handles these situations; they/you are just too big. Having been in the service business I’m sure these types of complaints fall into that 20% (80-20 rule) bucket and are deemed acceptable. Maybe you’re thinking why not cancel my services? I won’t do that because unfortunately the other guys are just as bad as Verizon is. Crazy huh? You want to make me a happy customer again? You could give me a million dollars and I’d be happy or you could give me free cable for a year and I’d be happy or…. just once……CALL ME BACK!

Thank you for your time or I could say thanks for nothing…but as I said I’m an easy going guy. I would be more than happy to discuss this with someone who could do something about it.

Timeline
1. 03/14/17 - Setup account online for my father in-law at *****
2. 03/14/17 - During online setup asked about $250 VZ gift card offer, through chat(Amy, Zecko) I have a copy if needed, despite their assurance I would receive it, I never got it
3. 03/14/17 - Called back, asked for supervisor, {edited for privacy} who assured me he would work on this and call back, never happened. Sent multiple follow-ups, never heard another word.
4. 03/21/17 - Service installed at *******, technician said we could port my father in-laws Time Warner Phone# to this new address
5. 03/25/17 - Called to port over old phone number, said they could not could not because of account name(Melissa)
6. 03/25/17 - Emailed Brian {edited for privacy} several times for help, never responded
7. 03/25/17 - Transferred account to my father in-laws name (Melissa)still couldn’t port, because of cable box possibly being unplugged, put in order to port and call back on Monday (Melissa)
8. 03/26/17 - Verified phone/cable plugged in and operating at ***** address
9. 03/27/17 - Called TWC/Spectrum said number was and is ready to port
10. 03/27/17 - No call back from (Melissa), called again, spoke to (Ally), still could not port, said she was going to fix this and will call back
11. 03/28/17 - No call back from (Ally), called again, spoke to (Denita), said she used to work in phone porting port dept, still could not port, gave (Ally) instructions to port, said she would call back
12. 03/30/17 - No call back from (Denita or Ally), called again, spoke to (????), asked for supervisor, got hung up on and got no call back
13. 03/31/17 - Called again, Misses Newton, supervisor, explained why it could not be ported, gave me the above address to send formal complaint

0 Likes
Re: 250 Gift Card never received......
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Rock2014,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes