$250 gift card scam
Doglover2518

I signed up for Verizon fios back in September and the sales guy that signed me up told me multiple times that we would receive a $259 gift card that CAN be used for our Verizon fios bill (tv, internet).  There’s no option to enter the gift card for payment when paying the bill.  Why would the sales rep blantenly lie to me that it could be used for my fios bill!?  Has this promise happened to others who signed up for fios?!

0 Likes
Re: $250 gift card scam
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usual complaint is that gift card is for Verizon Wireless not Verizon.

Is that the case here?

0 Likes
Doglover2518

I signed up for Verizon fios and was told that I would receive a Verizon fios gift of $250 that can be applied toward my Verizon fios bill. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you gotten the card yet?

0 Likes
Doglover2518

Yes I received the gift card. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

And it says Verizon not Verizon Wireless?

Did it come with any other paperwork or link to website that may show what you can use it for?

0 Likes
CaveatEmptor
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to piggy back on your thread. Have the exact same issue. Gift card has fine print at the back that says it can only be used for Verizon Wireless.  I don't have  personal Verizon Wireless account, and have no intenton of acquiring one at this time. So the card is pretty useless unless I want to buy full price accest)sories from them.

The FIOS customer service I called up refused to accept it as payment, and was no help.

Any pointers to help, or genuine customer service from Verizon (not someone parroting the stock fine print) would be helpful and appreciated.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have any paperwork that shows you should receive a Verizon not Wireless giftcard.

I have seen a number of promotions where they say they are giving out wireless gift cards.

It may be in fine print.

Probably the only option is to find someone who has wireless that will "buy" it off you.

0 Likes
Tarot1
Hi....I hope this might help. I received my gift card today which I got for renewing my tv/internet plan. I dont have wireless. I logged into my account, selected "add new payment method" and there was a drop down box to select gift card. I entered the card number and pin and was able to pay my bill. Even though the card said Verizon wireless, it still let me pay the cable tv bill. Good luck...hope it helps.
0 Likes
Beachboy1

How long did it take to get it?

0 Likes