$300 Visa Gift Card: A Verizon Bait and Switch?
spf781

I signed up for Fios TV, Internet and Phone back in mid-October while the $300 Gift Card (Visa or Amazon) offer was still in effect. I was told that after 61 days and if the account was up to date, the offer would be processed and I would receive the card within 30 days after that. I was even sent a postcard in the mail as well as an email telling me that the process had begun to get the card to me. The email was sent in mid-December. I went to check on the status recently and the following message came up: 

"You are no longer qualified to receive your reward as a result of a change in eligibility."

"If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact our billing department at 1-888-553-1555." 

I first saw this message last weekend and called Verizon to see what was up. The operator told me that the gift card was still in process and she didn't know why the message came up. I asked her if I logged in and checked again on the status would the status pop up again as cancelled. She said no. I went and checked on the status again today and I got the message above...again. 

Given that I kept my end of the bargain and have my account up to date, I want to know if this has happened to anyone else recently. From the looks of things, Verizon pulled a bait-and-switch which the last time I checked was not a business practice approved by the Attorney General of Massachusetts (and I am sure other states as well). 

So how about it, Verizon? Are you going to tell me that the gift card is heading my way very soon or should I have the Massachusetts AG give you a call? 

0 Likes
Re: $300 Visa Gift Card: A Verizon Bait and Switch?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: $300 Visa Gift Card: A Verizon Bait and Switch?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

spf781,

You should have received the gift card by now. Due to you no longer responding in your private support thread, it seems like you did received the giftcard. We have closed the private support thread. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes