Re: 39.99 Upgrade fee for 500gb DVR
tim1141
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anthony,

Thanks for your response.  Where can I find my original post?  I've been all over the forum and now I can't remember where I posted.

Tim

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@tim1141 wrote:

Anthony,

Thanks for your response.  Where can I find my original post?  I've been all over the forum and now I can't remember where I posted.

Tim

Just click on your username, that will take you to a page displaying your information. In the middle of the screen will be list of your most recent posts. Right now they all fit since you only have 5, if they don't all fit some time in the future you can click on the link at the bottom of the list to see all of your posts.

Keller, TX 76248
malbo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the DVR upgrade notification e-mail on June 15, 2011. I have been clicking on the link many times since then but keep getting a "try again later" message. 

Any suggestions on placing this order?

0 Likes
radjosh2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, i am getting the same message that 'malbo' is getting since june 15th.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

sherrys21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had two emails sent since June 6th and I get the same message. Is there anyway around this email and what could be the problem?

James355
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm having the same issue as the others. I keep getting the try again later message error no matter how many times I try or where I try from... I also tried to put in an order for a different box (because I'm tired of waiting) and that hasn't worked either.
malbo1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cokeman: where did you do this exchange?  The store on 2nd ave in Manhattan said I could not exchange at the store, only on line. 

The e-mail link still says "try again later"

0 Likes
Cokeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

@malbo wrote:

Cokeman: where did you do this exchange?  The store on 2nd ave in Manhattan said I could not exchange at the store, only on line. 

The e-mail link still says "try again later"

I exchanged at the Voorhess, NJ store. I called first. I figured I would try exchanging at the store first before going the online route. After seeing some people complaining about the $40 fee and the responses were that the $40 charge was probably covering the shipping and handling for Verizon. I figured if this was the case I would save the money and go to the store myself and get the boxes. 

I dont know what to tell you about the error you are getting from the email. Only to call Verizon about it. Sorry!

James355
Enthusiast - Level 1
Just an update, I've literally spent 6+ hours on the phone dealing with this over the last 2 weeks. I've submitted all kinds of tickets and apparently they just get lost... The last place I ended up was the Ecenter because this is a web issue according to everyone else. Being an IT professional myself I have no idea how the people who have helped me are qualified to even turn on a computer. They won't even give me a manager when I ask for one... I've been nothing but polite and professional (I can understand if I was being a jerk). This is definitely up there for the worst customer service of all time that I have ever encountered. I'm about to just go to the store, give them 40 bucks and refuse to leave until they give me the box (they keep saying I have to get an order number first). My current box is partially broken which is why I'm a bit more motivated to get this one. Anyway, yup, Verizon has earned the very coveted spot of worst customer service I have experienced (even worse than Comcast and AT&T!) And this is across at least 10 people I have talked to. Not just an isolated incident. Thank god I don't have a cell phone with them...
0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Heres a way to order the new box if your normal process is not going through.

1)Go to the following URL:

https://www22.verizon.com/ForYourHome/VZRepair/vziha/Service.aspx?ihaweb=WebSTBSwap

2)Click on Next button

3)Click on ‘Don’t Have Verizon Phone Service?’  – If the screen shown below is not displayed, cookies need to be cleared

4)Enter either the Acct. No. or PCAN and their ZIP Code as shown in the screen below, then click on ‘Verify Identity’.

5)Place a check in the displayed box to select the existing DVR which you will be upgrading, and will also need to check the box indicating that you agree to the onetime charge of $39.99 to upgrade to the 7232 DVR and Click on ‘Next’

Please send me a private message if you are having trouble even going through this process.