$50 prepaid Verizon card from phone number 972-538-3900?
jjc927

I got a call from the number 972-538-3900 asking me to give my address to them so I can receive a $50 prepaid Verizon card.  I looked it up and the number is apparently from a company Parago in Texas.  Has anyone else received this?  Is it legitimate?

0 Likes
Re: $50 prepaid Verizon card from phone number 972-538-3900?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Parago Inc is a promotional services company. It is possible they are trying to get you to buy a service or product, for which you will get a "free" card.

Remember that it is not wise to give any kind of personal information over the phone when you do not know who is calling.

0 Likes
Re: $50 prepaid Verizon card from phone number 972-538-3900?
jjc927

I remember the voicemail I got originally from them saying that the card was as the result of a lawsuit settlement, but I could be wrong.  The person who left the message had a typical sounding voice but when they called again today the guy that called had a very fake sounding voice (like a person doing an impression).  I looked up the company and apparently a lot of people never receive the rebates they offer.  I was basically interested in knowing if Verizon was actually working with them or this was just a company getting shared information or someone trying to steal information.

0 Likes