A technician lost some equipment when they were repairing my services and now I am being charged
johnrmc

I set up service in June of 2013 with Verizon Fios in NYC. It took about 3-4 different times for technicians coming out to finally get all my services to work properly and Verizon wound up comping my first month. In that time, I had a technician come out to repair my services. Well, he took my old TV set top box and replaced it with a new one.

Fast forward to June of 2014 when I'm moving out. I return the equipment in my possession and get my final bill stating I have a $100 credit coming my way. One month passes, no refund. Two months, nothing. August bill comes in(I kept checking online) and I notice a $626 charge for unreturned equipment. I call and they verify that I returned everything but one box, the box that the technician lost, or improperly stored. My initial call was 8/21 or there about. They assured me everything would be ok.

I come back from vacation, same thing. I've called at least 10 times now, about once a week. I've been promised its taken care of, that I'll get calls back and that this won't affect my credit, but none of these have happened. I have been told that I would be getting not one, not two, not three, but four calls back all from different representatives including one that never called me this morning 

My acccount has been put a hold on collections until they sort this out. That lasts for 90 days. 90 days from 8/21 is rapidly approaching and I don't want to get sent to collections. Further, it looks like they just hit my bill with a "Uncollectible (writeoff-activity)" which can still hurt my credit.

Who can I cotact that can actually help me out? Do I need to contact {edited for privacy} directly? 

0 Likes
Re: A technician lost some equipment when they were repairing my services and now I am being charged
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes