Abusive Billing Practices
UpsetVZCustomer
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently cancelled my service.  When I did, the customer service agent told me not to pay the current bill because Verizon bills a month in advance.  Instead I should wait for the following month's bill because that will be adjusted so I only paid for the time I had services.  I specfically asked if that wold not put my account in late status and incur any kind of penalty.  Agent assured me that it wouldn't because it's cancellation of services.  So I waited for the following month's bill, and paid that as soon as i received it.  Today, I find out that the Verizon had sent my account to collections for the bill I already paid.  I may have been late but that was only because i was following Verizon agent's instructions.  This is not okay.  This is predatory and abusive.  Fix this issue now, and you better not have damaged my credit rating!  With this kind of customer service, I will never come back to Verizon!

Re: Abusive Billing Practices
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi UpsetVZCustomer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes