Account owner died
NerosMom

The owner of the Verizon DSL account died. I have been managing the account and need to transfer ownership to myself. I have a death certificate. Can I perform this transfer in store or through private messages with a Support Agent? Phone reception at my home is poor and I would prefer to do this either at a local store or online where I can upload supporting documents.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Account owner died
jonjones1
Legend

Doubtful you can just transfer the account over to yourself.

you would have to close the account of the deceased, Verizon I believe do this automatically after notice of death. Now sometimes there is a listed account manager similar to how my wife is on our wireless account, fios may allow a relative to assume the account. They may also just have you first pass a credit check and set up new service under your name.

but call verizon to find out. 1-800-VERIZON 

0 Likes
Re: Account owner died
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

In addition to calling Verizon, you can try their support chat.  You can get to it using the "contact us" link on most of their web pages (including this one).

Another option is to contact their social media support team.  Two ways to get to the exact same team are using @Verizonsupport on Twitter or posting in https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  Pick based on if you like to post or tweet.  Both will result in a private chat session with their social media support team.

0 Likes