After many years of faithfulness Verizon proves they don't give a darn
coachwest1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for quits a few years now and very faithful to them with regard to my service.  However, I have noticed that continually my rates increase and when I try to see about possibly matching the current new promotions they CONSTANTLY send me in the mail and by email.  They then said we can't honor that pricing and to get such a good price I have to LOWER my service.  REALLY ????   First of all why are you sending me all these publications if you can't honor them ?  Great way to tell your loyal customers that you care.

Next,  I was looking into upgrading my current set top box from a regular HD to an HD/DVR box.   To do this they said my fee would of course increase by $5.00.   I said fine and then they said we will only charge you $19.95 to upgrade you.  SERIOUSLY, to upgrade my service you charge me a fee as well ?  WOW.  I stated never mind I do not want this any longer.

NOW.. in an email I find they went ahead and change my service to include the new DVR machine  increased my bill by 16.99 / month.... did not remove the old box and when I asked when I would receive the box they stated .."oh we have you down as a store pick up"  Again how did Verizon come up with all this. 

To top it off when I asked for a corporate number to contact regarding customer service I was informed that VERIZON, one of the best and largest  phone companies in the US ( By their own advertisements ) do not have phones at the corporate office and only deal with customers by mail.  Again I must admit to being amazed that they have no ability to take phone calls.  Maybe you need AT&T to provide you phone service ?

Honestly I would stay with Verizon if you showed in some way you cared.  Don't charge me that $20.00 fee to send me a box and upgrade my service.  I teach.. Haven't had a raise in 4 years and still have been faithful to keep your product.  However,  I guess all things come to and end and you apparently would rather I switch to Direct TV or Dish Network. 

I would MUCH RATHER stay with you Verizon but unless there is some consideration from you end I just can't justify being loyal to you any longer.

{edited for privacy}

Re: After many years of faithfulness Verizon proves they don't give a darn
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes