Angry Parent !!!!
angreeparent12

I had an alarming experience today.  Verizon came to install service in 1 room for my daughter. (I did not know about this)  My daughter is 17 years old. This is problem 1. So I called customer service and was transferred to 5 different people from customer service to fraud  back to customer service and received different answers from everyone.  I do not want any service to be installed in my house and how could they let a 17 year old order service ? After spending an hour and a half on the phone I was told there was nothing that can be done.  I asked for a supervisor and hung up after another 30 minutes on hold.  I am so aggravated with the customer service and waste of my time to get absolutely nothing.  I am not a customer and the way I was treated today I would not become a customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Angry Parent !!!!
prisaz
Legend

@angreeparent12 wrote:

I had an alarming experience today.  Verizon came to install service in 1 room for my daughter. (I did not know about this)  My daughter is 17 years old. This is problem 1. So I called customer service and was transferred to 5 different people from customer service to fraud  back to customer service and received different answers from everyone.  I do not want any service to be installed in my house and how could they let a 17 year old order service ? After spending an hour and a half on the phone I was told there was nothing that can be done.  I asked for a supervisor and hung up after another 30 minutes on hold.  I am so aggravated with the customer service and waste of my time to get absolutely nothing.  I am not a customer and the way I was treated today I would not become a customer. 

This is a peer to peer support Community where customers assist other customers. Verizon does monitor this Community, so perhaps an employee can assist you. You should have a trial period where you can cancel your service. Try to call Verizon and talk to the cancellations department. If the first person refuses to deal with you, again ask for a supervisor. You may have to do this more than once until you get someone that can be rational. Most of the time you can get someone understanding on the phone. Account related issues, or service related issues can only be resolved between you and Verizon. So unless they join in on this thread, all I can say is contact them again.http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

Or

Read the second paragraph. If it was ordered online, I believe the online order process requires the person ordering to testify that they are over 18 years of age. Also if there were any documents signed upon installation, it is also required that they be over 18 years of age. So perhaps they sent you to fraud, because the ordering person fraudulently testified they were over 18 by acknowledging the agreement. But there is I believe a section that says 30 days trial. But it also says the earlier of the three. It does cost for installation to take place. So I am just trying to be a nice user that is pointing out what the documentation and reasoning is. I hope you get it taken care of.

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_policies&id=TOS.

Or

Contact your local cable TV franchise office if you have one, and report the situation, if it is for cable TV.

0 Likes
angreeparent12

Thanks for your help, I have done that several times and keep getting placed on hold for a lengthy time.

0 Likes
AnnieS1
Contributor - Level 3

angreeparent12,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened.  I am going to escalate this to the proper people so that you can get some resolution on this matter.

AnnieS

prisaz
Legend

@angreeparent12 wrote:

Thanks for your help, I have done that several times and keep getting placed on hold for a lengthy time.

It is probably because of the disaster in NY and many systems are very very busy right now. The East Coast has been hit VERY HARD. 

I added to my post and the reason they probably sent you to fraud. I hope you do not have to much of a hard time. I have had FiOS since 2005 and love it. But I ordered it, and that is different.

When I looked at what I was paying for satellite, phone and Internet, a bundle about cut my bill in half. There are two ways to order FiOS. With or without a commitment.

Best wishes, and hope you get it worked out. If they let you, and work with you, you may want to try it for up to 30 days. But I can see you being VERY angry.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@angreeparent12 wrote:

WOW see. That was fast. I told you they keep tabs on activity. I hope you get it all worked out.

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes