Switch Account

Another $500 Visa Card Bait and Switch Story

Another $500 Visa Card Bait and Switch Story

Contributor AdamSulli
Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(1,443 Views)

Stop me if you've heard this before.

I signed up on the Verizon website in late May 2012. I signed up with for the $500 visa promotion plus some monthly discounts for 24 months. The fine print said that I had to stay in good standing for 60 days, and then I would receive the $500 Visa Card within 90 days. Guess what? It didn't come.

I called CS today. Spoke with a rep, let's call him Randy. He tells me that I am not eligible for the rebate because of the monthly rebates. I found this unacceptable, and would not back down. He hung up on me!!!

Needless to say, I'm ticked off. I feel like I have been completely taken advantage of. This is Bait and Switch. A quick internet search reveals countless others that have experienced the same issue. I even read a report from an NBC affiliate who reported on this exact bait and switch issue.

So, here I am. Has anyone experienced this issue and actually had it resolved? What should I do? Like anyone, I could really use that $500 gift card.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 2
(1,286 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.