Another $500 Visa Card Bait and Switch Story
AdamSulli

Stop me if you've heard this before.

I signed up on the Verizon website in late May 2012. I signed up with for the $500 visa promotion plus some monthly discounts for 24 months. The fine print said that I had to stay in good standing for 60 days, and then I would receive the $500 Visa Card within 90 days. Guess what? It didn't come.

I called CS today. Spoke with a rep, let's call him Randy. He tells me that I am not eligible for the rebate because of the monthly rebates. I found this unacceptable, and would not back down. He hung up on me!!!

Needless to say, I'm ticked off. I feel like I have been completely taken advantage of. This is Bait and Switch. A quick internet search reveals countless others that have experienced the same issue. I even read a report from an NBC affiliate who reported on this exact bait and switch issue.

So, here I am. Has anyone experienced this issue and actually had it resolved? What should I do? Like anyone, I could really use that $500 gift card.

0 Likes
Status changed to: In Progress
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.