Another bait and switch again
Sakuji
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

I've been a long time verizon customer and another 2 year contract is finally up again. Since all of my kids are in college my wife and I decided to just pay for the internet service since we are out of the house most of the time.

Couple of weeks ago we received a flyer in the mail about the 50/50 internet only service for 29.99 (with contract). This morning I checked it also over at the Verizon service availability website and it did show the plan for 29.99 a month for my address.

So I called and told the CSR my request. In response he said I cannot avail of that price until I cancel my service so I can be treated as a new customer. That way I'll be able to get the 29.99 as a new customer. So I did cancel my services right there with him (which is a triple play plan). However, during the course of the call, I got disconnected because apparently the verizon phone service was immediately terminated by Verizon even if I'm on the phone with the CSR (really Verizon?).

So I called again using my cellphne and explained to the next CSR who got my call the case. Well, she said she'd glandly finish my re-order. HOWEVER, when she checked the pricing it's now 44.99 with two year contract. And the 29.99 doesn't show anywhere. She even said that I should have NOT terminated my previous services and just downgraded to internet. That way, I can avail the 29.99. **bleep**? REALLY? Even if I have a flyer right there in my hand and her statement directly contradicts the other CSR.  Well, having read about this bait-and-switch by Verizon I held off the re-order until I get the facts straight. So I checked the Verizon availability website and still it shows 29.99 for my specific address. WOW!

Since I already have my house lined with Xfinity cable and even have my own cable box , I might just need to make the call with Xfinity and jump ship away from Verizon because it can't get its facts straight.

Any advice from you guys?

Really **bleep** off by Verizon

Re: Another bait and switch again
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sakuji,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.