Audible Ads
OldGrady

I am sick of those Verizon ads that suddenly start playing in my internet browser. I see no way to block them, and they are very annoying. If I have the volume up on my speakers it scares the hell out of me because it is unexpected. To the drooling genius at Verizon marketing who decided that this is acceptable: You are no better than the {please keep your posts courteous} who create viruses and worms and send them out over the internet. This is just another form of popup . but I do feel better now anyway. I don't have any Verizon services, nor will I, as long as Verizon uses these invasive methods to try to get my attention.Trust me, it's NOT working the way you might have hoped. I had to jump through hoops just to set up a "Community Only" account or something just to find a forum to vent. Emailing a human at Verizon is impossible anyway. Have a nice day.

0 Likes
Re: Audible Ads
Justin46
Legend

I have never seen (or heard) one of those ads, not that I am complaining of course. But I use ad blockers, Adblock Plus in Firefox and Google Chrome, and Simple Adblock in IE. I don't know if those programs are what is blocking the ads for me, but I don't see any ads on pretty much any web pages, and I love it. Plus they are both free. So you might want to take a look and see if one of them will help.

What browser are you using?

Keller, TX 76248