Auto-test ONT When Calling Verizon Repair
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there anything we as Verizon FiOS customers can do to have Verizon put a bypass option to allow callers to forgo the auto-test of their ONT when calling into repair?

For example, currently there is a FiOS TV outage in my town. I called repair to see if I could get a ticket number and an ETR.

This type of call doesn't require a test of my ONT or set-top boxes, yet, the system went ahead and rebooted. Had someone been using the Internet at that time, they would have been kicked off, and I'd be in the "dog house".

Anywhoo... if Verizon could include a work-around (other than calling a sales office and having them transfer my call to repair), it would be nice. 🙂

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Auto-test ONT When Calling Verizon Repair
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have two advices for you.

First, calling a service representative should be the last resort. The average wait time on the phone is anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hours. So, to save your time and reduce stress on FSCs, please contact the Social Media support team on Facebook or Twitter.

Second, to bypass the automated testing system, simply speak to the voice software that you need generic technical support. All service representative should be trained in Broadband, TV and Phone.

View solution in original post

Re: Auto-test ONT When Calling Verizon Repair
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have two advices for you.

First, calling a service representative should be the last resort. The average wait time on the phone is anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hours. So, to save your time and reduce stress on FSCs, please contact the Social Media support team on Facebook or Twitter.

Second, to bypass the automated testing system, simply speak to the voice software that you need generic technical support. All service representative should be trained in Broadband, TV and Phone.