Availability of FIOS Service in NE DC
moreismore
Enthusiast - Level 2
I recently moved into a new townhouse community in Dec. 2011. Shortly thereafter, Verizon contractors visited the site to install the underground wires and outside boxes necessary for Verizon FIOS service. I contacted customer service sometime in late January/early February to inquire about when FIOS or High-Speed Internet service would be available and was told it would happen sometime in late April.

To this day, every time I inquire about service I'm told they can't tell me when it will be available. I can CLEARLY see the Verizon utility boxes from my windows yet customer service never seems to have any answers. Now mind you, since then Comcast has installed their utility boxes, ran their underground wires, and got their service up and running!

This is a large, new townhouse community that would like to have options when it comes to our TV and Internet needs. I'm starting to think that Verizon isn't interested in acquiring any of our business since information provided is little to none. I'm trying my best to wait on these services to become available (without getting stuck in a 2 year contract with Comcast) but it's going on 6 months and I need service! Any information about the potential delivery date of services would be greatly appreciated (and please don't tell me to sign up for service notifications; been there, done that).
0 Likes