Awful Customer Service Experience and Misinformation
Arkadiy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over the last month, I've had the absolute worst experience with Verizon Fios. On August 11th, I was interested in a new plan as my contract expired and was on the phone with an agent. The agent was pushing me for a triple play, however I wasn't sure I wanted to commit as I didn't know if I still needed TV and phone. The agent ASSURED me that if I change my mind within 30 days, I will be able to return back to my normal plan. I confirmed this information with the agent several times before agreeing to the triple play. (I would've never gotten the triple play that same day if I couldn't return in 30 days) 

One week later, I called Verizon to go back to my no contract plan that I was previously on. I was then notified that I have to pay an early termination fee. I immediately brought up the fact the information that was told to me about the 30 day return policy and was then notified again that the 30 day return policy is only for new customers. I told the agent that I was misinformed and would like to speak to a supervisor. He then said that the only course of action would be to file an investigation, which he did.

I called back a week and a half later and spoke to another agent who told me no investigation was filed and that he would now file an investigation. He refused to give me a confirmation email about the investigation and assured me that it had begun.

From there I placed several phone calls to Verizon customer service about an update of the investigation. Each phone call had a 1 hour wait, AT LEAST, and multiple times I was hung up on when describing my situation. I'm absolutley frustrated with the customer service experience and the fact that I was misinformed about being able to return. I want to stick with Verizon for my internet needs, but if I can't get out of the contract like I was promised, then I will be forced to look at other options. I need to speak to someone who can help me.

Re: Awful Customer Service Experience and Misinformation
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Arkadiy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes