Awful Response to Hurricane IDA in PA
Mikeb6207

Okay so my community outside of Philadelphia was hit by an EF2 tornado spawned from Hurricane IDA. 

Trees took down the drops to many of the houses on my street.  

I called to report the issue 6 days after and was surprised to find Customer Support had no knowledge of the weather event.  They Assigned me a ticket for someone to come out the next day. 

I waited at my home as I was instructed to do, at the appointed time I was given. At the time of my appointment I got a text saying that they had identified the outage to be part of a larger event (which I knew and told them about), and that my appointment was cancelled.   I then received a service restoration estimate text message for the next day.  On each subsequent day since  (7 days) I have received a new text message stating the restoration time would be the next day.  On Sunday, I spoke to a Verizon Technician working on the pole who informed me that the signal on the street was good and that techs would be back the next day to run the drops to the houses.  I understand that there is a lot going on and to repair but why send out a message every day and then change it?  I usually work from home because of Covid, and now can't because I have no Internet.  I have been going in the office when I know I can. Every time I get a new date I stay home because I was told I had to be there, so I am missing work and Pay.  Please Stop Sending out dates you are not going to meet! 

0 Likes
Re: Awful Response to Hurricane IDA in PA
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mikeb6207,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes