BEWARE TRYING TO CANCEL RENEWAL ORDER!!!!!!
fishingeddie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let me share my experience with attempting to renew my FIOS services.

I started by trying to compare bundle deals on the Verizon website. I also contacted a chat agent to see what the best deal they could get me. While I was comparing prices on the clunky Verizon website, somehow I placed an order for services I don't even need or want. So I said "no problem", I will cancel the order. I looked around on my Verizon account website and found no evidence of any orders placed. I asked the chat agent on how to cancel and they stated that I need to call Verizon customer support. I was on the phone with customer support (supervisors, managers, etc.) for over an hour and I received this answer from Verizon customer support - "Your order already processed and there is no way we can cancel or change the order". I am now stuck with an expensive 2 year plan with services I do not need or want.

Next I asked myself this question - "How can a 200 billion dollar company have an order processing system that has no features to cancel or change an order"? The only answer I could come up with is "Verizon customer service lied to me".

My next stop is the BBB website.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: BEWARE TRYING TO CANCEL RENEWAL ORDER!!!!!!
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive you can drop all extra services (internet options for example).

And unless you added TV service that you don't want, you can also make changes to TV service including taking it down to local service only.

0 Likes
fishingeddie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another example of issues with the Verizon website...I clicked on the link to this message in the email and the Verizon website started flashing indefinitely....had to restart the page.

Thanks for your reply, but that's not the answer I was given by Verizon customer service. Because I renewed a bundle deal, all the discounts were applied with the services in the bundle for 2 years! I am stuck with this package for 2 years unless I cancel and then get charged $230. I am looking at "cutting the cord" completely. There are a lot of options. Just need to find one that is cost effective.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fishingeddie,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes