Backup Assistant/Waiver with conditions
dano48

As a new customer of Verizon I am basically satisfied, however I wish to open a discussion of the Backup Assistant service..

I find the concept of this service laudable. What I have an issue with is the conditions for waiver of payment option.  

If Verizon wishes to offer a service to its customers for free, why should there be a penalty if one doesn't log on once a month to the website.($1.99 the charge for the service is applied) 

Free should be free with no conditions. 

Verizon is making a calculated condition knowing that we as consumers will forget to log on and accept $1.99 a cost for our forgetfulness. 

This is nonsense in my opinion

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant/Waiver with conditions
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dano48 wrote:

Free should be free with no conditions. 

Just commenting.

--

Linux is free, but it has conditions....

#1 No support from most ISPs (if not all ISPs).

To get support, these people use websites with message boards / news servers with news groups / IRC chat...

#2 And with most flavors, the code is "open source". Users can view and modify the code.

However with most licence(s) of the software/programs/files, they should contribute to the open source Community. This can include, giving "credits" / acknowledgement(s) to the other people for the code.
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant/Waiver with conditions
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

@dano48 wrote:

As a new customer of Verizon I am basically satisfied, however I wish to open a discussion of the Backup Assistant service..

I find the concept of this service laudable. What I have an issue with is the conditions for waiver of payment option.  

If Verizon wishes to offer a service to its customers for free, why should there be a penalty if one doesn't log on once a month to the website.($1.99 the charge for the service is applied) 

Where are you seeing that?  When I go to the backup assistant page, it says:

Pricing: $1.99 monthly access

Monthly fee waived for all lines on the account when customer is enrolled in My Verizon as the Account Holder

I have only signed up for a My Verizon (wireless) account and don't log in every month.   I haven't gotten charged yet for backup assistant.

0 Likes