Switch Account

Backup Assistant/Waiver with conditions

Backup Assistant/Waiver with conditions

Contributor dano48
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(4,913 Views)

As a new customer of Verizon I am basically satisfied, however I wish to open a discussion of the Backup Assistant service..

I find the concept of this service laudable. What I have an issue with is the conditions for waiver of payment option.  

If Verizon wishes to offer a service to its customers for free, why should there be a penalty if one doesn't log on once a month to the website.($1.99 the charge for the service is applied) 

Free should be free with no conditions. 

Verizon is making a calculated condition knowing that we as consumers will forget to log on and accept $1.99 a cost for our forgetfulness. 

This is nonsense in my opinion

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(4,904 Views)

@dano48 wrote:

Free should be free with no conditions. 

Just commenting.

--

Linux is free, but it has conditions....

#1 No support from most ISPs (if not all ISPs).

To get support, these people use websites with message boards / news servers with news groups / IRC chat...

#2 And with most flavors, the code is "open source". Users can view and modify the code.

However with most licence(s) of the software/programs/files, they should contribute to the open source Community. This can include, giving "credits" / acknowledgement(s) to the other people for the code.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 3 of 3
(4,892 Views)

@dano48 wrote:

As a new customer of Verizon I am basically satisfied, however I wish to open a discussion of the Backup Assistant service..

I find the concept of this service laudable. What I have an issue with is the conditions for waiver of payment option.  

If Verizon wishes to offer a service to its customers for free, why should there be a penalty if one doesn't log on once a month to the website.($1.99 the charge for the service is applied) 

Where are you seeing that?  When I go to the backup assistant page, it says:

Pricing: $1.99 monthly access

Monthly fee waived for all lines on the account when customer is enrolled in My Verizon as the Account Holder

I have only signed up for a My Verizon (wireless) account and don't log in every month.   I haven't gotten charged yet for backup assistant.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.