Backup & Sharing -- Anyone home?
losm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do any verizon people read these forums? -- Backup & Sharing is STILL broken. As I wrote below, the passwords provided to people to access shared files DON'T WORK.

Several months ago I used the file sharing feature. It worked for the most part. Then it went through wholesale revisions. A couple weeks back, I shared a folder & my sharee could access only one file in it. Now the system seems to be completely broken. In recent days it has been unavailable. Yesterday it appeared to be fixed but the people I am sharing files with can't log on with the instructions/password they are emailed. I tried various email accounts an browsers. Also under the new system there is no way to add/delete names from the address book used to specify who to share with. Did I mention this is lame? Any answers out there?

0 Likes
Re: Backup & Sharing -- Anyone home?
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

These forums are a user helping user forum. There are some Verizon employees that visit here and help out where they can but they just do this on their own to try and help out.  They may or may not have knowledge on the issue your posting about.

As for your problem with the back up and sharing. I have a number to the backup tech support (special group with verizon). When I get home I will dig it up and post it here for you. They should be able to give you a hand with that.

0 Likes
Re: Backup & Sharing -- Anyone home?
losm
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks but I found my way to a support office that deals with the sharing feature.  They say they check the system everyday but I pointed out that some times it works and other times not.  Something's obviously amiss with their software. I tried different computers, browsers & configurations -- it's flakey. I'm waiting to hear back from someone.  Will post the results.
0 Likes