Bad Customer Service / Fios Issues
BrittaniS999
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been a customer of Verizon Residential since June 2013. I had my serviced installed right after I moved into my new home. Since I've had services, I've been calling and complaining about issues with the service. It's now January 2014, and I still have the same issues on top of more issues.

My issues were pixelations instead of a clear picture (scrambled pictures), MOST of my channels didn't show up..... EVER, Internet was in and out, AND I had phone services that I didn't know I had until November 2013. I've called time after time. They've opened tech tickets that automatically close after 48 hours regardless of if the issue has been resolved or followed up on. Here's the catch, in order to receive ANY credit for your issues, you have to have an ongoing open ticket (WHICH AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES AFTER 48 HOUSRS).

Like I've previously stated, I've called they've opened tickets. And closed them. I've been on the phone for HOURS at a time with just about each rep I've spoken to. I've been in contact with the Finance Department, Billing, Customer Service, Technical Support AND fraud...... Yes, fraud.

I was told my issues would be addressed and fixed, with that being said I made "payments" when issues were NOT fixed, I pulled funds from my account. My issue is I'm not paying for service I'm not receiving. All charges that are accurately posted I'll pay for AFTER the issues have been fixed.

After about 5 months, with the same service issues, it was more trouble to call Verizon and keep stressing about the same issue when they assured me it would be fixed, I received an email about services being disconnected and I had an outstanding bill. I decided to give them a call. Having STILL the same issues, they finally sent a technician to the house. It turns out they sent him once before a couple of months back when I wasn't home which automatically closed out my work order ticket with me not knowing the issue was considered completed/fixed. This is in November 2013, the technician actually called my cellphone from his personal cell letting me know that Verizon "dropped the ball" and that the 1st time he came, he actually submitted a request for the Construction Team to come out and redo the wiring (which was CAUSING the ongoing video/internet/phone issues..... I didn't know I had a home phone).

Verizon has issued me about $100 in credits on an almost $1300 bill..... Not acceptable, at all. Not only that, but I've been trying diligently to file a formal complaint and have had no luck or help doing so. They WILL NOT, give me my due credits even thou it was issued and approved by a manager.

Every department has passed me off to the next. It's a circus, no one can help me.. My services have been disconnected, and deactivated at least 15 times..... As of Tuesday, it was CLOSED and they flagged the account as fraud to keep the credits from being issued to my account. I'm going to report them to the FTC and BBB is there isn't any improvement by the end of today. It sucks that I have to go this far..... If that doesn't work, I'll be forced to file in small claims. I've spent more time debating with Verizon than I have being a mother, and that's been five years.
Re: Bad Customer Service / Fios Issues
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Bad Customer Service / Fios
BrittaniS999
Enthusiast - Level 2
Please see my original posting:

Bad Customer Service / Fios Issues
Options
on ‎01-24-2014 01:13 PM

I've been a customer of Verizon Residential since June 2013. I had my serviced installed right after I moved into my new home. Since I've had services, I've been calling and complaining about issues with the service. It's now January 2014, and I still have the same issues on top of more issues.

My issues were pixelations instead of a clear picture (scrambled pictures), MOST of my channels didn't show up..... EVER, Internet was in and out, AND I had phone services that I didn't know I had until November 2013. I've called time after time. They've opened tech tickets that automatically close after 48 hours regardless of if the issue has been resolved or followed up on. Here's the catch, in order to receive ANY credit for your issues, you have to have an ongoing open ticket (WHICH AUTOMATICALLY CLOSES AFTER 48 HOUSRS).

Like I've previously stated, I've called they've opened tickets. And closed them. I've been on the phone for HOURS at a time with just about each rep I've spoken to. I've been in contact with the Finance Department, Billing, Customer Service, Technical Support AND fraud...... Yes, fraud.

I was told my issues would be addressed and fixed, with that being said I made "payments" when issues were NOT fixed, I pulled funds from my account. My issue is I'm not paying for service I'm not receiving. All charges that are accurately posted I'll pay for AFTER the issues have been fixed.

After about 5 months, with the same service issues, it was more trouble to call Verizon and keep stressing about the same issue when they assured me it would be fixed, I received an email about services being disconnected and I had an outstanding bill. I decided to give them a call. Having STILL the same issues, they finally sent a technician to the house. It turns out they sent him once before a couple of months back when I wasn't home which automatically closed out my work order ticket with me not knowing the issue was considered completed/fixed. This is in November 2013, the technician actually called my cellphone from his personal cell letting me know that Verizon "dropped the ball" and that the 1st time he came, he actually submitted a request for the Construction Team to come out and redo the wiring (which was CAUSING the ongoing video/internet/phone issues..... I didn't know I had a home phone).

Verizon has issued me about $100 in credits on an almost $1300 bill..... Not acceptable, at all. Not only that, but I've been trying diligently to file a formal complaint and have had no luck or help doing so. They WILL NOT, give me my due credits even thou it was issued and approved by a manager.

Every department has passed me off to the next. It's a circus, no one can help me.. My services have been disconnected, and deactivated at least 15 times..... As of Tuesday, it was CLOSED and they flagged the account as fraud to keep the credits from being issued to my account. I'm going to report them to the FTC and BBB is there isn't any improvement by the end of today. It sucks that I have to go this far..... If that doesn't work, I'll be forced to file in small claims. I've spent more time debating with Verizon than I have being a mother, and that's been five years.

Since posting, Verizon help has actually reached out to me privately. They are telling me the exact same things customer service has been telling me, which still makes no sense. From June until November I have been calling about the same issues with my services...... YET they tell me because of "center guidelines" they cannot issue me ANY type of credit. The guidelines, from what I am gathering , basically say if you issue isn't reported again after 24 hours, they consider it "fixed." I have spoken to a member of Tech support and they VERIFIED with me that no matter if the issue isn't fixed, it's considered "fixed" in their system until voiced again. Plainly put, you have to babysit Verizon if their services aren't provided correctly.
0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes
tanpapabear

I fully agree with the horrendous customer service.  It has been a week today and have spent over 3.5 hours trying to get our order confirmed for upgraded and changes to our existing service.  We have had fios for over 5 years now and the service of FIOS has been great.....never an issue but when you have to call them at their customer service....it is the typical non -caring corporate worker.,.....putting you on hold for extended periods of time......"oh I need to check on it" ....I promise we will call you back" and on.  I am so frustrated that is forcing me to try cablevision again in our area.  It is not right that they put you through so much agony to use their services.  I could never run our private company like this as i would be out of business.  I have also requested call backs on line and hours go by and no calls.....FRUSTRATING......and the funny thing is that i NEVER go to the Internet and post bad service but when it is the NORM for a company it is important that others know. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do the changes reflect on your account as an rder pending?

Also, you can make just about any changes to your service by logging in to your account and making the required changes.

If it involves hardware, it will either be shipped or if you are returning you will be given info on how to return it.

Doesn't absolve them of the poor call in support, but it is a way to get changes accomplished.

0 Likes