Better Customer Service, More Uniform System Online and by Phone
hystericallyme

My Story:

All of my problems started off with such a simple mistake: the street name for my new house wasn't updated in the Verizon system. I'm a stickler for things being done right, so when I can I fill out forms online rather than over the phone so I can verify that everything has been done correct. I also chose to do self installation. I understand the reasons for only shipping to the address listed as the primary service address, but when the address is incorrect what can I do? The postal service stopped delivering to the street name Verizon presented so it was no surprise when our packages were rejected and sent back. 

At this point, if I wanted my services enabled in the near future, I needed to get a local Verizon representative involved. I was told the only way I could fix it was to cancel my self install order and have them setup a new order under a Verizon install. I was ensured that the order would be done exactly as I had it, but I have had to call support at least twice a month since we setup the new order. We had to wait a week for the serviceman to show up, and he said he only had internet on his order, no TV. After several phone calls they found the mistake and setup another appointment for TV, also a week out.  Then the bills started coming in. They charged us for the time that passed since my first order (which had been canceled) so I was charged for a period when I didn't have any Verizon services. Then the bundle discounts weren't being applied. Another call fixed this. I also took advantage of a promotional discount to combine my Fios and Verizon Wireless bill and receive another discount for doing that. This never went through. I kept calling and they told me to wait another billing cycle for it to become active. Never happened. I called again and finally someone told me this was never listed on my order (the second one) and the promotion was no longer offered so there was nothing they could do.

My Request

I have never had such horrible customer service and it's only further encouraged me not to trust service representatives. It should be just as easy to pick up a phone and place an order as it is to make the order online. Furthermore, if I place an order with discounts that expired the next day, I shouldn't have to lose them when I call the next week to complain that my packages never arrived. It wasn't my fault, and then to have service representatives tell me to be patient, it'll get fixed with time and then finally be told it's too late to fix it. That's cheating the customer. I expected better when I switched to Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Better Customer Service, More Uniform System Online and by Phone
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi hystericallyme,

We haven't yet heard from you on your Private Support case.

As always, feel free to make a new post, so we can be sure to look into your issue and may work towards a resolution.

Thanks,

Ali Adam

0 Likes