Bill from CMR Claims department for drop wire
rabbani400

We have been cleaning up in the backyard and have to remove the dirt for installing a patio. I did call the 811 before we started this process to get the markings. During this process, the verizon Fios Cable that was lying 2" deep below the ground got cut. I called Verizon customer support--> the operator acknowledged that the cable should have been buried 8" below the ground and opened a workorder ticket to send the technician come over fix it.. After 2 weeks, i receive a bill from CMR Claims department for $167.72. The CMR departments says " there is no such requirement for burrying the cable below the ground." This is just ridiculous. I called verizon support and they have no idea about this bill and could not help. They tell me to contact the number on the bill. The CMR claims department are not quick and responsive in returning the calls. I have to wait whole day in getting the response. And this is after leaving 1-2 messages.

The verizon customer support says the charges like these that are made by maintenance/ repair department does not show up on my account. When i ask them the number of the appropriate department who i can talk, the reponse is call the number on the bill.

Has anybody gone through this situation. Does anybody have the Verizon Engineering/repair department or which ever department handles this kind of issues..

If there is no possibilities in resolving or reaching out the department, i'm planning to switch to different internet service provider who is offering the same speed internet for lot less money and i will recoup my loss if i ever have to pay verizon.

I have taken the pictures of the cut wire with a reference to how deep it was lying when we saw the wire.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bill from CMR Claims department for drop wire
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rabbani400,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi rabbani400,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We are glad we were able to get that bill taken care of. Due to you no longer responding, it seems our assistance is no longer required. Feel free to make a new thread any time you need assistance.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
rabbani400

Yes this has been resolved. Thank you very much for taking care of this. 

0 Likes
mik409v

I have the same problem. I received a bill today for $486.28 for a verizon cable that was cut in my front yard. The cable was no more than an inch under the ground, and was cut while we did routing gardening. I was shocked to get a bill for a cable that was put so close to the surface.  I have tried to contact Verizon about this but couldn't seem to find the phone number or email address. Hopefully someone in this forum can help me find a way to contact Verizon. Thank you.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mik409v

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

mik409v,

We have closed your private support case. Glad we were finally able to get your issue addressed. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
yakattack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

I too received a bill for a dropped wire ($1,300(!)). Some company named CMR is trying to collect when I haven't heard anything about this before.

The wire was only 4" down. I called 811 before digging and knew the cable was there, but was told it should be at least 18" deep per the National Electrical Code (NEC), 830.47 "Underground Network-Powered Broadband Communications Cables Entering Buildings".

I have pictures of the yard's grade before and during my dig. When they came to repair it, even the guys repairing it said that the cable should have been deeper than 4".

After doing some cursory research on the internet for "verizon" "cable" "cut" & "bill", I saw that this is a reocurring problem because contractors gold brick and bury the wire closer to the surface then [enter cable company name here] passes the buck when the wire gets damaged.

This is unacceptable. I would appreciate a resolution to this matter that doesn't involve me shelling out $1,300 of my hard earned money because some contractor didn't do his job right the first time. Please contact me through the forum / my contact information buried in my profile.

Thank you,

Yakattack14

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi yakattack,

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

yakattack1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Lawrence,

Still waiting for a follow up phone call or message through the forums. I was told in a private chat with one of your Verizon agents that I should have a call within 24-48 hours. That was a week ago, Friday.