Bill from Verizon c/o CMR claims Dept for new drop wire
Smitty5181
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like a number of others on this forum, I received an unexpected bill from Verizon for running a new drop wire. $370.83 in my case. Same story here. The initial install was done poorly and the cable was discovered after using a sod-cutter and a rake. No digging was needed so there was no reason to call to have the cable located ahead of time. The crew that came to bury the new cable told us it hadn't been buried deep enough but they would do it right this time and it appears they did do it right, for the most part. I don't care for the way they ran the cable up the side of the house right next to a hose faucet so it interferes with attaching a hose or an insulated cover. The bigger issue is, they punctured one of my irrigation lines at the point where they route the cable under a sidewalk to connect to the box. I discovered this the same day I received this bill so now I'm not about to fix it myself. I don't know if it's necessary to vent on this forum in order to get my case escalated to a support agent but I need Verizon to contact me about making this bill go away and arrange for the repair of my irrigation system.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bill from Verizon c/o CMR claims Dept for new drop wire
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users.
It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team at 1-800-VERIZON or live chat at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus
Choose “Live Chat.”
If a chat agent is available to assist you, the chat link will become live after the page is fully loaded.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from Verizon c/o CMR claims Dept for new drop wire
Smitty5181
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please excuse my ignorance. I've never posted to a forum before but from reading others posts i've seen that this is also where a moderator steps in and gives the following canned answer to re-direct the user to a private board.

"Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases".  You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.  This should be checked on a frequent basis  as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal."

I've seen this a bunch of times and this is what I was expecting to happen in my case. Heck, I would have even given you kudos if that had happened. I don't recall seeing anyone else with the same issue being told they need to go over there "account details" with customer service. From what I've read on this forum, customer service will have no knowledge of the repair or a bill or what CMR is. I will contact them but I'll probably be back.

0 Likes
Re: Bill from CMR claims Dept for new drop wire
Smitty5181
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried your suggested solution and the live chat agent immediately replied they were not able to help and referred me on to another 800 number for the consumer sales and solutions group.  That's not a good solution either.

Can you please escalate this issue to a support agent for handling. I modified the subject line to look just like the chain of replies from a bunch of other contributors that received bills from CMR and were immediately escalated and had the issue resolved. No idea if the subject matters but I initially tried to reply to that email string but it wasn't an option since it had been solved.

Thank You.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Smitty518,

We haven't heard from you, and after multiple requests for updates on your status that have not been answered we are now closing your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance please make a new post.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Smitty5181
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Adam,

Sorry for not responding earlier with a status update on the private support case. I was not aware you had been attempting to contact me.  Someone did come out and move the cable over so it doesn't interfere with the hose faucet so that has been resolved.  Housely Communication came out and made repairs to my irrigation line but it remains to be seen if it will hold. If not, I have their number and will contact them.
Regarding the bill from CMR claims, I'm not sure it it has been resolved yet or not. On 2/1 Verizon support agent Denyse advised that I could disregard the bill from the claim dept. yet several days later a Marzett with CMR claims spoke to my wife and told her the claim needed to be settled. She left a call back number of {edited for privacy} but I'm not calling them. Hopefully they just hadn't gotten the memo from Verizion yet that I shouldn't have received a bill. If they send another bill or contact me again, I will send them the chat I had with Denyse.

thanks.

0 Likes
Smitty5181
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I get Verizon to notify CMR claims dept that this charge is to be ignored and they should stop harrassing us?  Is it really left to the Verizon customer to provide some sort of documentation to CMR that a Verizon support agent (Denyse) said "you can disregard that bill"?  CMR has called 3 times since we were told we can disregard the bill. I called Marzett back and left a message with the details from my chat session with Denyse but she has now called again and left a message seeking more information. I called her back today and got her voicemail. What do I have to do to make CMR go away?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Smitty518,

We have reopened your Private Support Case so that you may correspond directly with the support agents about this issue.  Please access your Private Support thread by following the instructions posted above by ElizabethS.

0 Likes