Billing Statment from CMR Drop Line
PS-2025

I received a bill today for $411.28 for a Verizon cable that was cut in my front yard. The cable was no more than an inch under the ground, and was cut while we did routine gardening. I was shocked to get a bill for a cable that was put so close to the surface. The two technicians that came out assured me that the cable had been installed improperly and I didn't even have a back up outlet and the system wasnt grounded. They had to respond to the main station to reconnect and figure what house was wired with what cable. A crew came out a few days later claiming they were from Verizon and cut my neighbors cable, then left. Please help us with this problem. I'm not in a position to fork out this money,we're at our wits end!!

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Billing Statment from CMR Drop Line
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PS-2025,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
PS-2025

0 Likes
RGA2

Still I don't know why we get charge by the CMR when we request the service to Verizon, our contract is with Verizon and the one who contact CMR for service is Verizon. Verizon should be charged by the service company and the bill should come from Verizon. In my case, I was told by Verizon that it will be no charges and then 3 month later I received a bill form a company that is not even register on my Verizon account as the provider of my service.

0 Likes
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi RGA,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes