Billing dispute
artscape
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please help!

I canceled my Verizon service in July and the next  month I recieved a "Welcome to Verizon Package". I immediatly called Verizon and was told to ignore it. I then recieved a check from Verizon for $46.00 on this account as overpayment returned. I also recieved a bill for $108.00 and a different account number. I called again and was told many differnt things such as: 

1. we changed everyones account numbers in July

2. We can't find a record of this account number

3. This account has been sent to collections

4. you need to speak to our financial department.

5. I was put throught to collections who had no record of this account.

6. I have never recieved any notice from a collection agency.

After several hours and a few disconnections I waited a month and recieved another bill for the same amount.

I don't want to pay this until I know what it is and I cannot seem to find the right person at Verizon to help me.

I called again today and was told this went to collections--who is closed right now.

I should not owe $109.00 on one account (that was never my account number) when I recieved $46.00 check as overpayment from my true account.

Has anyone else experienced this and will someone at Verizon PLEASE help me!

0 Likes
Re: Billing dispute
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi artscape,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
artscape
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi!

I don't have the home phone anymore that is on the account.

I hope they email me or private message. This is really stressing me out and very upsetting that our credit score may be damaged. I am looking for a postivie solution!

0 Likes
artscape
Enthusiast - Level 1

The good news is that Verizon closed the account that I did not order and this forum seemed to help.

The down side is they cannot tell me if this has affected my credit and that I need to call their financial department--I have called them before with no solution, so I am getting ready to call one more time. Hopefully I can close this entire matter.

0 Likes
artscape
Enthusiast - Level 1

News-I was put through to one lady with Verizon who told me to just pay it an balance it out!

After talking to her I was put thorugh to thier "recovery" department who assured me and is emailing me proff that this account never went ot collections.

I have to say that in July when I called to cancel all of my Verizon service, the verizon rep kept badgering me to sign up for higher speed and not cancel my service--I got very upset with him and I truly feel like he set up this dummy account on purpose. 

Hopefully it is done and the forum truly helped!

0 Likes