Box wasn't working - asked for a replacement - and then they want to change ME !!!
Rustydog3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon to renew my lapsed contract today.  I asked if there was some way we could lower my bill, since it kept going up.  The customer service rep was able to help out and gave me a couple loyalty disounts.  So I was happy.  I also mentioned that my non-HD box wasn't working properly (certain channels were pixelated). 

So I got transferred to tech support.  To make a long story short, they said they couldn't "see" the problem on their end.  They sent me back to customer serivce where a new customer serive person tried to talk me into an HD box.  I said, why should I pay more for a new box, when the old one didn't work right?  I just wanted another non-HD box as a replacement.  They claimed I could get a new HD box for only a dollar more a month.  So I said OK.  But when they recalcuated my bill, it went way up.  Also, they were charging me for a "change in service" and for "shipping" the new box (like +$70) - all this, when the old box was malfunctioning and I just wanted a replacement

Also, the new customer service person could not get the same monthly charges as the first customner serivice person did.  Somehow, even if I paid the $70 in fees to upgrade to an HD box (which I said I shouldn't have to), my new monthly bill would be $20 MORE a month - all this when I'd called, in the first place, to lower my costs!!!

I finally called back and got a new customer service guy, who again lowered my bill somehow.  He assured me that a replacing a malfunctioning box should not involve charges - but I decided not to deal with it then.  I'll let the dust settle on my bill before I start the run-around again for a repacement box.

A very frustrating day!  It seems unbelievable that they wanted to charge a 12 year customer $70 in fees, to get a replacement box for one that doesn't work properly.  So I told them to forget everything and I'll keep the partially misfunctioning non-HD box.

0 Likes
Re: Box wasn't working - asked for a replacement - and then they want to change ME !!!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes