Broken backup battery
developered
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi Folks,

I ordered a new backup battery last week that arrived today.  Unfortunately when I opened the box, the battery clearly had been damaged in shipping.  You can see that the plastic lid came off, a couple of the rubber plugs fell out and whatever battery acid that was inside of it is gone.  If you look at the photo, you can see that the edge of the battery is smashed in, so I cannot put the lid back on it.    How do I get another battery without getting charged again?   The automated phone service thing is useless...

Thanks,

Ed

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Broken backup battery
developered
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping that someone from Verizon would chime in and state the correct way to resolve this issue..

I ended up going on Facebook and pinging them until I got a response... Someone eventually answered and they are sending a new one in the mail...  I asked for a conformation and they sent me an email indicating I would not get billed again..

Ed

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Bring it to a local Fios store and bring the receipt to show when you purchased it.

they may be able to swap it out.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

File a claim with the shipping company. Let it go from there.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

File a claim with the shipping company. Let it go from there.

Only the sender can file the claim. The customer has to deal with the shipper. Verizon in this case.

Verizon Wireless was famous for shipping items out using the Postal Service which would lose quite a few packages, and Verizon told customers to file a loss or damage claim which was ludicrous since the customer is not the sender.

it was a way to hump the customer and keep their money through false hoops jumping.

do you think the Fios side would be any different?

Only the sender can file the claim. What the customers do is stop payment or do chargebacks on non received goods.

0 Likes
developered
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hoping that someone from Verizon would chime in and state the correct way to resolve this issue..

I ended up going on Facebook and pinging them until I got a response... Someone eventually answered and they are sending a new one in the mail...  I asked for a conformation and they sent me an email indicating I would not get billed again..

Ed

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer support forum
Verizon does not respond to posts here.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to UPS, the receiver can file the claim.

If you are the receiver, notify UPS® (using the "File a Claim" link on this page or by calling the number below) or notify the shipper to initiate the claims process.

Notice it state receiver or sender.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

According to UPS, the receiver can file the claim.

If you are the receiver, notify UPS® (using the "File a Claim" link on this page or by calling the number below) or notify the shipper to initiate the claims process.

Notice it state receiver or sender.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/delivery-issues/lost-package.page

No.....please see the link provided.

receivers of the packages are not the ones that sustained the loss. The shipper may have been paid previously to send the item to a customer, but the customer did not ship it. So let’s say I buy a widget from widget city, I paid $100 and maybe shipping costs and widget city took my money and packaged it and shipped it out via UPS, USPS or FedEx and then it was accepted by one of those carriers.

the package never gets to me. Wow I call the company I purchased it from and they say it was shipped by (insert carrier here) and the tracking number if one is available. They see it was not delivered. Now the customer cannot file a claim with the carrier because THEY DID NOT SHIP IT only widget city can file the claim.

i can as a customer call my credit card company and reverse the charge or same with my bank. I am now considered whole. The company must get their money back from the shipping carrier. The ICC guarantees a basic $100 package loss and unless the widget city insured it for more that is what the carrier must pay to them.

customers are not responsible for lost or damage package claims UNLESS THEY PAID ON THEIR OWN ACCOUNT 

i have my own ups and fedex accounts and often use it for product delivery. In this case I assume the risk since it on my account.

0 Likes