Bundle discount is for price of double-play (TV and Internet) compared to Triple Play?
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone know what the bundle discount is for price of double-play (TV and Internet) compared to Triple Play?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Bundle discount is for price of double-play (TV and Internet) compared to Triple Play?
prisaz
Legend

@CapnCrunch wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not really sure that link answers my "true" question.  

I'm a current subscriber so I'm not sure those plans would apply because they are discounted for new subscribers.

I currently have 25/15 internet + TV Extreme HD + Phone.

My current triple play bill shows a current savings of $21.98 for the bundle, overall.

I see there is no discount on TV in and of itself and it costs $57.99

Phone is $49.99 + taxes, fees, and extra charges. 

Internet (25/15) is $33.99 after the 31.00 discount.

Would I still get the $21.98 discount overall in addition to the $31 discount off of the Internet service if I switched from triple bundle to double bundle?

Final price would be $34+$58-$22=$70?

No. The Tripple Play gets a better discount. I looked at dropping phone and it would have only saved me close to $10 a month, hardly worth the change. Only way to find the best deal is to call Verizon and enquire about switching to Double Play and dropping phone service. I did that and received Ultimate HD 1 year at the same price I was paying for the Extreme HD. And with a boost to 35/35 to boot. The retention department are the only ones to pull those strings. But the second year is at full price. The $30 a month savings comes out to $15 a month spread out over two years. Verizon gets $5 a month more and I get much much more. So we both win.

But then again dropping phone service saves more on taxes and fees. But if you plan on any type of IP service the cost will come out to the same as FiOS phone service. Vonage at $24.95 ends up being $35 after all the taxes and fees. If you are going to stick with only wireless phone service you may see some savings if you have wireless anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Bundle discount is for price of double-play (TV and Internet) compared to Triple Play?
prisaz
Legend
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

I'm a current subscriber so I'm not sure those plans would apply because they are discounted for new subscribers.

My current triple play bill shows a current savings of $21.98 for the bundle, overall.

Would I still get the $21.98 discount overall in addition to the $31 discount off of the Internet service if I switched from triple bundle to double bundle?

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@CapnCrunch wrote:

No. The Tripple Play gets a better discount. I looked at dropping phone and it would have only saved me close to $10 a month, hardly worth the change. Only way to find the best deal is to call Verizon and enquire about switching to Double Play and dropping phone service. I did that and received Ultimate HD 1 year at the same price I was paying for the Extreme HD. And with a boost to 35/35 to boot. The retention department are the only ones to pull those strings. But the second year is at full price. The $30 a month savings comes out to $15 a month spread out over two years. Verizon gets $5 a month more and I get much much more. So we both win.

But then again dropping phone service saves more on taxes and fees. But if you plan on any type of IP service the cost will come out to the same as FiOS phone service. Vonage at $24.95 ends up being $35 after all the taxes and fees. If you are going to stick with only wireless phone service you may see some savings if you have wireless anyway.

0 Likes
CapnCrunch
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, I checked into Vonage and spoke to some people who have it.  The FiOS phone service price ($38 per month after considering triple play savings and adding taxes, fees and extra charges).  I arrived at that by taking the $49.99 base price + $10 taxes/fees - $21.99 savings for triple play bundle discount.  The way you can save is to get the Vonage 500 minute plan (when all taxes and fees are applied you pay $24).  Their 200 minute plan comes to around $20 after all is said and done.  You can save a bit if you're willing to cut back the minutes, which the FiOS bundle doesn't offer as an option for phone service to my knowledge.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Depending on the level of small company risk you're willing to take on, there are numerous other VoIP providers.   Since this is a Verizon forum, I'll be courteous and not go naming all of the various alternative providers that are out there (Verizon remains one of those large stable companies which while it costs more, doesn't have the risks associated with teaming up with a smaller company -- such as having them go out of business or potentially losing control of your phone number) but I will say that I've used both Vonage for many years and more recently a provider called Phonepower (at about $15/month with taxes for unlimited US minutes) with much satisfaction.

0 Likes