Bundle packages not available to existing customers with expired contracts?
JackieS3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Makes no sense. I've been a long-standing customer for years on auto-pay and my 2yr contract has long expired. Why shouldn't I receive the same deal (being a long-standing established customers) as a new customer with zero history? Really, I should just change providers if I can reduce my cost significantly? Verizon Fios should focus on KEEPING their customer base. I'll be one less customer

0 Likes
Re: Bundle packages not available to existing customers with expired contracts?
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is common practice amongst service providers.

New customers will almost always get a better deal than existing.

0 Likes
Re: Bundle packages not available to existing customers with expired contracts?
nancyj22
Enthusiast - Level 1

ROTFL. I did just switch. I was with Verizon for four years. Two years ago, I asked how much for the cheapest package they had that contained Disney. Seemed easy enough. The price I got was way more than I wanted to spend. So I spent a couple of hours checking and double checking, came up with a plan, submitted it and it was taken. It was more than the initial triple play I had.

My contract was up again. I submitted another request for the cheapest service with Disney to lower the proposed price. And basically got laughed at. So I switched. I made a commitment to Comcast. I put up with their installer, never had so much fun. 

Originally, we had a 50/50 plan which they don't offer anymore. My daughter went to change our Wireless plan and told me it would change the internet plan and did I want to? I said NO! Let me talk to them. She called me back and said TOO LATE. I asked them to fix it on the phone since she was at a wireless store talking about wireless phones. They said they couldn't. I said we had three days to cancel a contract. They said no. So I called Comcast, told them ASAP. Took them 24 hours to install, but they couldn't run the lines underground then, but they will. We have a squirrel problem.

I called Verizon and said CANCEL it! The guy asked me today? And if yes, it would cost me $10 early cancellation. However, if I waited to the 3rd it would be free. I said YES! But one of the pages on the website said I had another 30/34 days? There was one that said three days... He said he was in front of the computer screen. I said, "Okay." He also tried to talk me into different plans. I apologized and said, "But I ALREADY signed with Comcast. There's early cancellation fees." "But you have three days..." 

Anyway, now Verizon is offering me all these plans, which if they'd offered them to me originally, I would have thought of them as the greatest. I would probably recommend them to everybody in this community that doesn't have them already.

But I agree with you, I think all companies should learn "Customer Service." If they suggest these before the customer becomes **bleep**, works out a doable plan with another provider, and suggested it, they might keep customers. I just remember my older brother said I should change all my email addresses to Gmail accounts or the like, then just sign with Comcast for two years, go with Verizon for two years, then go back to Comcast etc. 

0 Likes