CMR Drop Line Charge Fraudulent?
jlrmhilton
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a Verizon Fios customer since it first came out here in the DC area and am having a hard time believing this is happening.  In our flower bed, about an inch under the soil was a FIOS line that we accidentally cut (about ten feet from the house).  The Verizon service repair man came out and set up a temporary line and then the guys came and reburied the line about a week later.  Everyone I showed the line to noted that it should have been deeper and I assumed there would be no charge associated with correctly reburying the line to code.  Then, about three weeks later I get a very suspicious phone call saying I owed "CMR", a very shady company apparently based out of Oklahoma $306.00 for the work....a "claims" company.  I don't know how they got my home and cell number.  I have no intention of paying this bill.  If this is the way Verizon wants to conduct it's business, I have a couple of months left on my account and we'll be finding another carrier.  We pay Verizon around $500/month between all the services we have with it, including wireless.  You'd think they'd want to keep our business.  

0 Likes
Re: CMR Drop Line Charge Fraudulent?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jlrmhilton,

Claims Management Resources (CMR) is a Verizon authorized vendor that provides invoicing services to recover Verizon’s cost to repair damage done to the Company’s facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
• Buried and Aerial lines
• Poles
• Conduit and vehicles
CMR can handle disputes of claims directly, and works with the local field office that performed the repair. If you wish to dispute a CMR claim, you may contact them by phone at 1-800-321-4158 or by email at bswcomplaint@cmrclaims.com.

0 Likes
Re: CMR Drop Line Charge Fraudulent?
jlrmhilton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please understand that we will be discontinuing all service with Verizon (roughly $500/month) as soon as we are allowed.  This is outrageous and I have no intent of paying a bill for which I was not informed of the charges nor was I at fault related to the cutting of an improperly placed line. 

0 Likes