CMR bill
vzvzvzsleeploss
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem.  CMR sends me bill out of the blue with VERIZON in bold letters on bill.  Here's what I think I discovered.  ...   Cable breaks outside due to some reason.  Neighbor mowing/digging/dog digging or just plain vandalism.  Verizon repairs.  Verizon sends bill to their insurance-- who knows who this is!! 

Re: CMR bill
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there! We had to close your private support case due to non-response. Please let us know if you still need assistance by posting in this public thread.

Thanks!

Art

0 Likes
MitchM1

I too am having this issue.  My cable got cut with water leak.  I was assured by Verizon Rep when I called in that I would not be billed for this and that it happened all time.  Today I got a bill from CMR.  Please help VZagent.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ronshock
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have the same issue with "CMR Claims" acting in the name of/on the behalf of Verizon.  Back in May of this year (2014) while planting a new bush in one of my yard's flower beds, a hired helper put a shovel through and thereby cut our FIOS line.  The line was not where it should have been (along the side of the driveway) and instead was out in the middle of the flower bed and only a 2-3 inches deep (Texas Utilities Code requires a minimum depth of 18" or greater for utility lines).  With no cable, internet, or phone I called Verizon on my cell and they came out the next morning and laid a temporary line to restore our service.  Great, prompt service!  Thanks for that! The Verizon repair technician told me that this happens all the time because Verizon only buries these lines a few inches down because it is quick, fast, and cheap.  The next week another Verizon crew came back and buried the line using that same, exact method to bury the new line from the street to my house - just barely opening up the ground to slide the FIOS cable in there a few inches deep.

Next regular bill came and no charges for anything concerning that so I thought all was good.  But then a few weeks later I get a bill with Verizon's logo on it and an address for "CMR Claims Department PO Box 60553 Oklahoma City, OK 73146" indicating it is a Damage Claim for "Verizon Cost to Repair" in an amount of $515.79.  And a few weeks later I received a call from "CMR Claims" inquiring about when and how I was going to take care of this charge.  When I complained to the CMR agent that I didn't think I should be charged for this at all the agent said that CMR can only reduce the amount some and only Verizon had the ability to waive the fee totally and I should contact Verizon about that if that is what I wanted.

So I started by emailing Verizon Customer Service about it.  The replies I got indicated that they knew nothing about any such charges or even about CMR.  So I ignored it for awhile and went on. Then I started getting more harassing calls from CMR.  So I then called Verizon Customer Service (on 11/4/14) and both the Customer Service Agent I spoke with and the Finance Department Agent he got on the phone said that they showed that I had ZERO outstanding debt with Verizon for a damage repair at any time and that my account was in good standing as far as Verizon is concerned.  Again, there's was nothing that I owed Verizon at all according to them.

After filling out an online Verizon Customer Service Survey and complaining about this issue, I thought perhaps the combination of all of this would solve everything with my supposed charges being waived/wrote off.  Nope! Still yesterday (12/3/14) I just received another call from CMR saying that they have heard nothing from Verizon about this and that I still owe the $515 (even though according to Verizon, I don't have any debts that they can see and my account is in good standing).

This is very troubling in many different ways.  First, as a long-time Verizon FIOS customer (probably since circa 1999-2000) at two different residences, that never paid anything close to $500 ever to have Verizon FIOS installed as a service, I don't feel that is fair to be charged that much - especially for a repair job that is a direct result of the company's chosen method (which defies Texas Utility Code recommendations for proper safe underground depth of utilities) of burying these cables in the ground.  If Verizon chooses this barely put it in the ground method because it is quick and easy and especially cheap for the company, then bite the bullet and absorb the cost of repairing a customer's line when it gets accidently cut during yard work/landscaping - that's just a hazard of that installation method/business model!  To turn around and charge your customer a big bill for these is beyond bad business - especially in today's very competitive service world.

Secondly, for a customer to call into Verizon Customer Service and they (and even your Finance Department) have no record or really even any idea that this CMR Claims company is handling these "damage claims" in the name of Verizon, is incredibly bad customer service.  What it looks like and smells like is that Verizon does not want people to know that they are turning over or selling to this CMR company in OKC their write-off debts. This seems highly likely especially with the fact that I see online on these very Verizon Forums that this "cut line/CMR Claims" issue seems to occur regularly with people like myself complaining about it to Verizon and they also report that Verizon Customer Service doesn't seem to know about CMR.  And to top it all off then here in these forums Verizon tries to be "hush - hush" about it and turn it over to an agent through a "Private board" and a closing of the case soon after that.  It sure has the appearance of Verizon trying to hide this from the public at large because it is what it is - a BAD PR disaster waiting to happen! 

But if you keep charging your customers for these debts you should just be absorbing as a cost of doing business, then they are not only going to leave your business as a customer, they are also going to start spreading the news about this bad business practice to more and more people through the use of social media and the internet at large - which in turn will have more of us either "cut the cable" or go to a competitor of yours for service.

I await my escalation to a Verizon Agent and somehow finding "My Support Cases" here to see if you guys will pony-up and do the right thing for your loyal customers!

Sincerely,

Ron S.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Mich942
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have this issue!! 

I have FIOS line down in Nov 2014. We called for repair and was told "there will be NO CHARGE." 

The technician showed up and we asked him again. He still said "NO CHARGE" 

Versizon never sent us a bill. Instead, one month later we start getting CMR claim againt's phone call. 

They are not even part of Verizon. They told me the technician doesn't know what they are doing. That is why they quoted zero! Is this the way that Verizon trying to milk repair money from their customers? It seems like there are many many people like me with same issues if you look at the forum. When Verizon is going to improve their service quality !!??

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Mich1942

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

0 Likes
Mich942
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon did escalate this case to Verizon agent. However the problem is still not resolved.

Verizon agents keep reponding the same thing over and over again saying that me and my contractor should pay for the line damange. However, when we called for the repair, we explained the situation. They didn't say that the repair cost for the material should be transferred over to me or my contractor. They told me it is FREE OF CHARGE!!!It is a SCAM!!

0 Likes