Re: CMR bill
ronshock
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mich942,

Continue talking to Verizon directly about this - NOT those collection headhunters at CMR.  I finally got a Verizon 2nd tier/Escalation agent that researched my issue and got CMR to drop my billed repair charges.  Though at first that higher tier person was just as baffled. As I said above about every other Verizon agent I spoke with who did not know of CMR, she too had never heard of CMR even though she had worked for Verizon for nearly 20 years and was higher up the ladder. She too did not know of this bad customer-service practice.

It is just bad business and hopefully more and more customers can and will voice their disgust with this so that it reaches a critical mass point that this practice is abandoned. Again, as I mentioned in my original post here, if Verizon is only going to bury these FIOS lines at a shallow depth because it is way faster and cheaper, then pony up and eat those repair costs when they occur.  Sure, if a particular customer continually damages/cuts their line then that would be case where repair charges should applied at some point - maybe after a 2nd or 3rd repair in some span of time.  But for general customers who this might only ever happen to once or even twice over the years, just write off the repair in the interest of customer satisfaction. The long-term value of a service customer is way more valuable than a few hundred dollars in additional repair collection revenue!

Ron S.

my05roadking

I received a bill from CMR claims for a repair. Same story as everyone else. Cable was buried less than two inches next to my driveway where a contractor cut the line. Now I get this bill with a Verizon logo saying I have 5 days to resolve. CMR will not help me. Who do I talk to about this.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi my05roadking,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Croninger

Can you tell me how to get assistance with a CMR bill?  I received a bill for $340.55 yesterday for damage to a dropped line.   We did call about a loss of service on 7/3/15.  I worked with an online person who tested the line and said the problem was outside and made a repair request.  At the time I told the person that I had the lines marked, and I had been working in the garden and was worried that I may have damaged the line.  The technician came several days later, but when I showed him where I was working and the exposed line he said that it was not a fios line.  He showed me the difference between a cable line and a fios line, ran some tests and said that he would have to run a temporary line until a new drop line could be run.  According to the technician, my concerns were unwarranted, but the line needed to be replaced.  I saw on the forum that others have had the same problem, so thought I would try contacting you.  Thanks, Bob

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Croninger,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Croninger

Thank you.  Hiopefully, I can figure out how to use this option effectively.  Bob

0 Likes
MRossy1982

I too am having the same issue that many reported.  Verizon came to repair a cable and did not disclose any charges.  I get a call yesterday from CMR claiming that I owe verizon $362.35.  I have spent over an hour with Verizon customer service on the phone and by chat.  Nobody has any idea what the charges are because they don't appear in my Verizon account.  The cable is still above ground since the "repair" was made on Sept. 9, 2015.  It is a trip hazard for me and my neighbors.  Techncians have been out several times, run into some problem, and never come back until I call.  I would like the cable buried once and for all, and to dispute these charges. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello MRossy1982

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
CheckForResult

H i MRossy1982,

I sincerely hope that your issue has been resolved and would love to know if it has been.  I was billed nearly two months ago and had all the same issues that this forum reports.  By the time I found this forum I was already furious and wasn't in the mood to post and follow instructions, especially since no one has been back to post that there issue was resolved.

I created my own path to resolution and would be glad to pass your case to my verizon contacts, if you are still having issues.  If your issue has been resolved it would also be good to have that show on this forum post, for every one else.  I'm sure my contacts would love to hear the positve feed back, also.

Wishing you all the best

0 Likes