COAX Wiring
cagnis

Hello,

My home is currently undergoing renovations due to a fire sustained at the property, and many of the walls are currently 'opened up," allowing for significantly easier wire fishing. I need COAX outlets installed/wired at the property in as many as 6 rooms.

Will Verizon install these new outlets? I have searched all over the internet and could not find an answer to this question.

0 Likes
Re: COAX Wiring
jonjones1
Legend

@cagniswrote:

Hello,

My home is currently undergoing renovations due to a fire sustained at the property, and many of the walls are currently 'opened up," allowing for significantly easier wire fishing. I need COAX outlets installed/wired at the property in as many as 6 rooms.

Will Verizon install these new outlets? I have searched all over the internet and could not find an answer to this question.

Doubtful Verizon will wire your home. However your contractor should be able to do it for you at a cost of course. I would also have them run ethernet just Incase you want to use Fios higher speeds in the future. There are receptacles that have both connections on the same wall plate. 

0 Likes
Re: COAX Wiring
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated, Verizon typically does not do work like this.

But the electrician doing the work should be able to do it.

I would recommend they run RG6.

And pick a place in your house to run all the cables to.

Ideally a location close to where the ONT is/was located.

Home runs are better than daisy chains.

0 Likes