Can't empty e-mail inbox (37k messages)
ShadowDrake

SpamBlocker hasn't really been doing it's job. The account in question hasn't been checked in a couple of months but there's been quite a buildup of messages.

The empty inbox link doesn't work - it tries for a second then says "We were unable to perform your request. Please try again." I tried adding the account to outlook, in hopes outlook would delete all the messages after downloading them. Outlook first hangs downloading on the 11th message, then it will continue and completely stop around ~110-120 messages. It will do the same thing every time and download the same messages over and over again.

No luck there.

My only real option is to delete all 37,000 messages 50 at a time from the web interface. That's just insanity.

Is there any way I can request the e-mail account be emptied? I don't need to save anything in there.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't empty e-mail inbox (37k messages)
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can contact tech support and they can escalate a ticket to have it done, but it's very important that you tell the agent you are 100% ok with losing ALL of the mail in the mailbox, and you're aware that once it's deleted you won't be able to get it back. Make sure the agent puts that in the ticket before they send it up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You can contact tech support and they can escalate a ticket to have it done, but it's very important that you tell the agent you are 100% ok with losing ALL of the mail in the mailbox, and you're aware that once it's deleted you won't be able to get it back. Make sure the agent puts that in the ticket before they send it up.

0 Likes
ShadowDrake

@somegirl wrote:

Ok thanks much. I was hoping I could get around that because I don't have a current bill around, and they're probably going to want some of the information from that. Looks like a small delay though.

Thanks again 🙂

0 Likes