Switch Account

Can't get advertised FIOS bundle

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Can't get advertised FIOS bundle

Message 1 of 4
(788 Views)

We currently have the FIOS bundle (TV, internet, phone), including a high-def STB and a high-def multi-room DVR. I wanted to switch back to a standard-def STB to save $, but the Verizon customer service agent said that those are no longer available. Then I see Verizon's big ad in the paper about a 2-year FIOS bundle for $89.99/mo for 2 years, including a free standard-def STB for life. I called Verizon to get this offer, but the agent said that she couldn't give it to me because I'm not a new customer. However, the ad doesn't say anything about this being good only for new customers. I feel that I was misled when told that standard-def STBs are no longer available, and want to take advantage of this offer. I'm willing to extend my contract term with Verizon.  What gives, Verizon?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Can't get advertised FIOS bundle

Message 2 of 4
(734 Views)

@MarknDonna wrote:

However, the ad doesn't say anything about this being good only for new customers.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but I suspect that you are wrong.

It might of said so in the fine print (much smaller text, normally on the bottom) if on a TV Ad, a paper based ad (news paper for example), or for example on a website.

If this ad was on the radio, they might of said faster than you can understand it.

^^

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(720 Views)

Assuming for the sake of argument that this deal for a free standard-def STB is for new customers only, that still doesn't address the fact that Verizon's customer service rep told me that Verizon does not make standard-def STBs available any more, and that I'm stuck paying the higher rate for a high-def STB that I don't want or need. Now they're saying that standard-def boxes ARE available, but existing customers are not eligible for them?  Nice way to treat your customers...

not

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(700 Views)

Wow, just wow.

I guess that is called Bait and Switch.

If I am wrong on what it is called, what Verizon is doing is still wrong.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.