Can't get advertised FIOS bundle
MarknDonna
Enthusiast - Level 1

We currently have the FIOS bundle (TV, internet, phone), including a high-def STB and a high-def multi-room DVR. I wanted to switch back to a standard-def STB to save $, but the Verizon customer service agent said that those are no longer available. Then I see Verizon's big ad in the paper about a 2-year FIOS bundle for $89.99/mo for 2 years, including a free standard-def STB for life. I called Verizon to get this offer, but the agent said that she couldn't give it to me because I'm not a new customer. However, the ad doesn't say anything about this being good only for new customers. I feel that I was misled when told that standard-def STBs are no longer available, and want to take advantage of this offer. I'm willing to extend my contract term with Verizon.  What gives, Verizon?

Re: Can't get advertised FIOS bundle
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@MarknDonna wrote:

However, the ad doesn't say anything about this being good only for new customers.

I am not saying that you are wrong, but I suspect that you are wrong.

It might of said so in the fine print (much smaller text, normally on the bottom) if on a TV Ad, a paper based ad (news paper for example), or for example on a website.

If this ad was on the radio, they might of said faster than you can understand it.

^^

0 Likes
MarknDonna
Enthusiast - Level 1

Assuming for the sake of argument that this deal for a free standard-def STB is for new customers only, that still doesn't address the fact that Verizon's customer service rep told me that Verizon does not make standard-def STBs available any more, and that I'm stuck paying the higher rate for a high-def STB that I don't want or need. Now they're saying that standard-def boxes ARE available, but existing customers are not eligible for them?  Nice way to treat your customers...

not

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wow, just wow.

I guess that is called Bait and Switch.

If I am wrong on what it is called, what Verizon is doing is still wrong.

0 Likes