Switch Account

Can verizon still withdraw money from my bank account after I cancel autopay?

Can verizon still withdraw money from my bank account after I cancel autopay?

Contributor SKVCRG
Contributor

I cancelled auto pay through Verizon's website around the 7th of September 2009. On September 17th 2009 Verizon made a withdrawal from my checking account. I checked my Verizon account on September 14th, and all the auto pay information was deleted. How could they have made this withdrawal?  Is that legal? 

Since I no longer have a valid phone number I cannot speak to anyone in Verizon's billing department. Is there someone in the Attorney General's office in Washington State who I could contact with this issue. 

1 REPLY 1
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

First one that I would call is the Bank to get it reversed and put a stop to it.

Then persue the appropriate Government Compaints if desired...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.