Discontinuing Triple Bundle Service to Get New Customer Deal
dandoe19791

I've been with Verizon for forever but failed miserably earlier trying to get a better deal than the one currently being offered to existing customers. I was hoping to avoid the hassle of cancelling and then signing up again in my wife's name... Anyway, here's my question: Do I have to have them turn off service before I can sign up again under my wife's name? Ideally, I'd like to avoid any disruption in service, if that's possible. So, is it possible for me to sign up under my wife's name and have them cancel my account (the one in my name) on the day that the new service kicks in? 

0 Likes
Re: Discontinuing Triple Bundle Service to Get New Customer Deal
jnh1

I recently went through the process you described to get a more favorable rate.  I actually had a technician come to the house to set up my wife's account.  I know of no way to do it without incurring a minimum downtime.  Good luck!

0 Likes
Re: Discontinuing Triple Bundle Service to Get New Customer Deal
dandoe19791

Thanks for the reply.

Did you have to cancel the service under your name before you ordered new service under your wife's name? I guess what I'm trying to avoid is this: I cancel my account today and then order new service under wife's name, but new service won't be installed for 2 weeks or so. 

If I can order new service now and find out what date the tech comes, I'm hoping I can call the day before (or even the morning of) and cancel my account. 

0 Likes