Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Change CO's?

cootch
Contributor
Contributor

Change CO's?

Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

I am in the bad situation that I sit at the fartherest point from my CO (edison, NJ).  This prevents me from getting fast DSL  speeds.  Of course half a block from my house where the other CO (new Brunswick, NJ) ends they have had FIOS available for over a year.  From what I've been told multiple linemen that my CO will not be wired up, ever! 

I desperately need more bandwidth and would love FIOS TV, I hate the cable company.  Do you know if there is a way to get my number moved to the other CO that supports FIOS?  Seems like every time I talk to someone at sales they don't even know what a CO is.  Very discouraging!

1 REPLY 1
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Change CO's?

Message 2 of 2
(2,269 Views)

While it is the truth, it is basically impossible to get moved to another CO as this is determined by your location. I can feel your pain though wanting to get FiOS. Verizon stopped building FiOS out in my area roughly a year ago, despite competition from the cable company. Here I am with a 1Mbps/384kbps DSL connection, which is of course running maxed out all the time. I've been waiting for FiOS for 5 years now, and it's very unfortunately to see that they've stopped building it out in my area. I am of course in need of more bandwidth; 3Mbps DSL is available here though I have no plans to be getting that as FiOS is the next step up for me. Cable can serve as a temporary solution for me, but I'm basically still with DSL due to the fact that it's been reliable and running solidly for me which is something I appreciate.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title