Charged After disconnection since new bill was generated
Anoop27007

I moved to a new apartment on December 1st, it already had verizon box so connected my equipment, it did not work. I called customer care and they tried few troubleshoots with no luck(around 1 hr of call). Since I shifted that day I was tired, so told customer service representative that I will call next day to get it set up. I did not know that verizon has a policy that if bill is generated, they will charge for whole month(my next bill got generated on December 2nd). Now when I called on 2nd, customer service tried trobleshoot again but again no luck, so they told me that they will send someone to fix it(they said verizon box in this apartment is also old and needs to be replaced) and that I will be charged 90 dollars for it. I asked that I am not fine with this charge, so I will disconnect the services. I switched to some other service provider. I got a call from verizon afterwards that they will fix the issue without any charge, but it was too late as I was already in a one year agreement with the other service provide. Still since bill was generated, I was charged for the whole month. What do I need to do to get my money back?

0 Likes
Re: Charged After disconnection since new bill was generated
jonjones1
Legend

Confusing story, I am assuming you are not a Fios customer now?

each Fios service has a 30 day total satisfaction guarantee. Since it was not even one day since it technically was not active, call your bank or credit card company and have them reverse the payment or do a dispute (charge back) that will be easier than calling 1-800- VERIZON and asking billing to refund the money. My question would also be why did you pay a bill in advance if the service was not on?

strange very strange.

0 Likes
Anoop27007

I missed to remove the auto pay that occurred on the 15th.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Anoop27007wrote:

I missed to remove the auto pay that occurred on the 15th.

Stop the autopay, have your bank or credit card company reverse the payment.

0 Likes
Anoop27007

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Anoop27007wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. It worked.

Very glad it worked. 😀

0 Likes