Clarify availability--Can I get it? If not, why not and will I ever be able to?
brianmcgann
Enthusiast - Level 2

I desperately want to become a Fios customer but I'm puzzled and frustrated as to why the service is not available to me. I appreciate that the work involved in bringing Fios to customers is significant; I also appreciate that Verizon makes the query tool available on their web site so I can see if the service is available to me. All that being said, I can't understand why I can't get the service, and I'm frustrated because I can't get any sense as to whether or not this will ever change. I have a friend who lives not more than 1/4 of a mile from me and he gets it. There is a home whose backyard is about 100 feet from mine and THEY get it. But I can't get it.

The 2 people I reference above live in the same town as me; I belive there are issues with getting town approval but that wouldn't apply in my case. One possible explanation is that I live in a townhome community, and not in a single family home. Could that be it?

I hear rumors that Verizon is scaling back on expanding Fios any further. Is that accurate? Does it apply in my case where it has already been approved in my town?

I guess what I'd really like to know is can I assume it will be available to me in the near future? If not, I'll move on and try and find another alternative to my current horrible service that I experience with a Verizon competitor. Calls to customer service are not very helpful, they are nice enough but quite frankly they seem as clueless as me.

I appreciate any help and insight that anyone can provide. I think it's great that you give customers the opportunity to speak up like this. I see these Fios vans driving all over with details on great offers; I see flyers coming in the mail with details on Fios; Verizon is doing some great marketing and I'm sold but I can't get it! At least I don't think so...maybe I can...I don't know...It just seems like a great mystery and I think you would serve your potential customers better if you offered some clarity on the availability of the service.

Thank you!

Labels (1)