Switch Account

Collections Nightmare

Contributor optimummaybe
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎08-06-2018
Message 1 of 3

Went to buy a house only to see a collections against me for service that has been paid off and closed for over a year now. Ive made multiple attempts to speak to someone through hours of hold time to always get disconnected or transferred to a dead line. I’ve read through plenty of these and appears the only recourse is to threaten with FTC reports until someone contacts you so this is my submission so I can get this handled. Dealing with Verizon customer service is by far the best marketing competing services could hope for. 

Moderator Moderator
Posts: 8,864
Registered: ‎03-18-2013
Message 2 of 3

As this is a peer to peer support forum, you will need to contact Verizon directly for assistance. We have sent you a private message with contact information for a dedicated specialist who is able to help with a resolution of your issue.

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Posts: 4,671
Registered: ‎10-18-2016
Message 3 of 3

Your recourse is to follow the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act




There are other sites that also offer assistance. Some require payment to do it for you and others allow you to do it yourself.

How-To Videos
The following videos were produced by users like you!
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.