Complaint. Also being forwarded through the BBB & will be snail-mailed to various addresses.
kiragoldfarb

To Whom It May Concern:

On Sunday, November 25th, I placed an online order for phone & internet service through Verizon. I selected a "Service Ready" date of Fri, Dec 7th. I received a modem in the mail a few days later, and set it up as per the instructions included. My internet service did not get activated until exactly 29 days after my order date--instead of the scheduled 12 days.

Over the course of the 29 days following the order date, I called the 1-800-VERIZON number a total of about 8-10 times, and spoke with a different person every time. My "Service Ready" date got pushed back each week, sometimes twice in a week, because of various issues. I spoke with a woman in Escalations, who I never heard back from and who never returned my 3-4 voicemail messages asking her to call me back. I spoke with a man working on the VerizonSupport twitter account, who also stayed in touch with me for a few hours and then never contacted me again.

First I was told that my address was not in the 911 records, so they had to fix that in the system. Why that would be true, I do not understand, because the building I live in was built in 1920, and the apartments have been in use at least since the 1970s, when there was last a fire in the building. Both my next-door neighbor (the only other apartment in the building) and the movie theatre below us have internet service through Verizon, so I still fail to see why getting service in my apartment was such a problem.

Finally, after being told each week that the service would be installed and then having the date pushed back further each time, a tech worker called me on Monday morning, Dec 24th (again, 29 days after I initially placed the order) and told me that he figured out which line went into my apartment, and by that evening I had working internet service. This tech worker, Doug, was the only person who offered to give me a callback number to reach him at personally in case my service did not work.

For 29 days, I was lied to and misled. I will not recommend Verizon to anyone.

I would like an apology for the way I was mistreated, and for the time I wasted on the phone and staying home from work waiting for a tech who never came until four weeks after I had ordered my services. I believe that the least Verizon could do for me would be to waive any initial setup or activation fees pertaining to my order/account, and to also waive the first month or two of payments for my services. I see this as minimum compensation for the way I have been mistreated during the past month.

Sincerely,

Kira G.

0 Likes
Re: Complaint. Also being forwarded through the BBB & will be snail-mailed to various addresses.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

kiragoldfarb,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes