Completely unacceptable support practices at Verizon
PDBRIC

I can't stand having to contact support at Verizon.  Every time is absolutely painful. 

Online chat does not work (greyed out).  No direct support numbers to call.  So I had to call the main 1-800-VERIZON number.  Called twice this morning.  Went through the many prompts and levels of security.  On a somewhat funny (not) note, I followed their instructions to register for the voice-validation and when using it on my second call... it wouldn't work.  Junk.  So after finally getting in the queue and waiting for 15 minutes, I had a human answer the phone and state his name, and then the line was disconnected. Man Mad I tried a second time.  Wen't though all of the same prompts over again (this is where the voice-validation didn't work) and evenutally got in the queue again.  After about 12 minutes, the call was picked up.  This time I didn't even get to hear a name.  It just disconnected. Man Mad  Now I'm going through the "sales" chat on their website, throwing a fit and trying to get assistance.  I'm on chat hold....  have been for a while.    ... ok.  20+ minutes later.   Summary - it is litterally impossible to reach support with Verizon.  

0 Likes
Re: Completely unacceptable support practices at Verizon
PDBRIC

Update - after a considerable amount of time, someone did actually pop up in the chat.  I described my issue and asked for expedited serivce on my repair (both my wife and I work from home and use internet for work and phone).  The agent was able to reach dispatch who called me on my cell and was able to schedule someone to come out within 30 minutes.  So a good ending to a difficult situation.  It litterally took me three hours from start to finish to get help.   Thankfully there is help - if you can reach it.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: Completely unacceptable support practices at Verizon
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad it worked out.

Couple of comments:

1) You can also reach out to support directly via twitter @verizonsupport

2) You were lucky they were able to come same day. With residential services, there are no SLAs on how quickly they will come out. I think it is pretty normal for it to take a couple of days.

0 Likes